Mass Effect anime?!

If there's one thing I grow tired of is all these prequels to material that's already happened.

Clone Wars, the upcoming Tron cartoon, and now this.

And why Vega of all characters? He wasn't a bad character, but he sure wasn't someone I felt was worthy of being a part of Shepard's ensemble. Every time I saw him in the roster, I kept thinking to myself "That could have been Kasumi, that could have been Wrex, that could have been anyone else." His whole design felt like BioWare was trying to lure in "Gears of War" fans with his ridiculous bulkiness.

And what was he thinking when he was walking around Alliance headquarters wearing nothing but a T-Shirt when everyone else was in full uniform? Doesn't the Alliance have a dress code?

This was planned way before the ME3 debacle, in fact i think it got postponed, and given how badly received the game and last novel have been this isn't going to go over well. What bothers me is that it's done by a top anime studio who has done beautiful work but it looks horrid. The only reason i liked Vega in a fight was he was basically a walking tank. A tron cartoon that would fill the gaps between the original movie and the new one wouldn't be bad but you know it's going to be crappy stuff that features little to do with Flynn during that time.

Edit: I want more Kasumi!

Mass Effect characters speaking in Japanese? I don't like watching anime that's dubbed, but for this I may just have to. Or is it just drawn by a Japanese studio and being voiced in English, like Thundercats?

But I hope the ending for the anime is less of a facepalm than the ME3 ending... :facepalm

I doubt it will even be over there first. It's like the Dead Space movies where it will be released here first but in the case of those they came out before the games did. This anime is late to the party.

But I hope the ending for the anime is less of a facepalm than the ME3 ending... :facepalm

The ending to Mass Effect 3 is the ending to everything Mass Effect. BioWare saw to that when they shoved all those expanded universe characters down our throats. It's like BioWare was not only under the delusion that Vega was going to be their break out character even before we knew his who the heck he was, but they took it upon themselves to commit to him and him alone. He's already had a prequel comic, another official comic coming out in the form of home worlds, and is the star of the new series. It's like BioWare wanted to make him the new face of Mass Effect.

*cheers*

But if I may reiterate my stance. It seems that in-between series seems to be the big thing these days. I think of it like hand held/documentary style of shooting. It's easy, cheap, doesn't need much planning, and you can skip a lot of professional work like making the visuals of the shot worth looking at. That's what we've got going on with Star Wars, Tron and now Mass Effect. The series staff knows the beginning, and they know the ending. They can do whatever the heck they want as long as nothing happens and/or everything goes back to normal.

I never watched the Clone Wars for that very reason. The fact that I've heard a lot of good things about the series as it's progressed makes me even more disappointed because they're throwing so much good talent and potential for Star Wars into something that can do nothing for itself.

What will this Mass Effect series do? Have better stories than Mass Effect 3? Wouldn't that be nice. Watch Vega triumph over the most evil beings imaginable and save the day for the rest of the galaxy? Because if that happens....

*pushes glass off the table*

...you will have made Vega a better hero than any Shepard. That's what I see this series doing. When I heard about the horrible endings to Mass Effect 3, I prepared myself to move on to other things so my disappointment would not grip me too hard. In short, I've lost all interest in Mass Effect, and won't mind missing a single micro-second of Vega's adventures.

What annoys me is that in the novels the asian assassin is a bad @ss and well written (Mind you Drew was still writing then) but in the game he's so lack luster i think they used him because they needed a character and he was just sitting there. None of this would have happened if they hadn't driven Drew away or at least read the notes he left. Apparently he left a ton of stuff that they decided not to use.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back