Mask Molds?

SilentxXxHunter

I've been browsing quite a bit on this, and I was wondering if any of you know a good tutorial on how to make a mold of a Predator sculpture. I have found a few, but they were for bios. Instead of making a whole mold, could you basically just paint latex or silicone on the sculpture in layers with non-stick stuff in between the latex and clay like the one in this video?

https://www.youtube....h?v=2EQRgJex_u8

In the AlexTheMovieGeek video that link you put up, he paints on the latex on and then paints it for the under mask.

He used air dry clay so it would shrink when it was dry, or at least what my dad said when I showed him the video.

The only problem with doing it that way is you lose all the detail that was sculpted into the head. If it's only a half/under mask, I guess you could get away with it, but other than that it's not gonna look right. It would be a shame to take a well sculpted head and ruin it by doing this.

Brian

[quote name='Bo'Skarr' timestamp='1351981351' post='359091']
He used air dry clay so it would shrink when it was dry, or at least what my dad said when I showed him the video.
[/quote]

I tried air dry clay once and Ill never go back. Lol. I haven't done it, and am not going to for a while. Going to make a little half ass sculpt first and try it that way. Then if it's okay then maybe, maybe, I'll try it on a much more detailed sculpt, but I'm still super new to sculpting. I've just been trying to figure out how to make a mold, so I can make them for friends and you guys if you like what I'd make.

Search on youtube for LittleDPTonks or else "two part plaster mould". It's a detailed video and the guy is/was a member here and i believe did the Goliath predator.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back