mask / bio -----magnets ???

Philby

Any of you guys ever tried inserting metal bits or magnets into the latex mask then attaching magnets to the bio ???

heard a while back that's what they did,.....
but in alot of pics kph didn't evenm have a full-face mask under the bio,....and they just used velcro .....

but thought maybe while casting adding in 2 or 3 metal plates into the forehead,.......
then placing magnets where they need be inside the bio,.....

just a thought,.......any ideas or if it would even work ??????

Philby
high caliber tattoos
317-244-9648

Doesn't seem unreasonable, providing you devise a system to line up everything as your head pour is curing. If there's no real worry about the embedded material ripping through the mask. I don't know how resilient the latex might be, though. Bevel the edges really well just to be safe.

Most people here if not all who use a bio with a full face mask use Earth Magnets, also known as neodymium magnets.

right on guys,.....yea i figured if i sink the metal in the mask,.....then add magnets while the bio is off with sticky on the upside,.....
it'll at least roughly line up to the bio ,.....then i can resin over them or superglue ,......

i gotta make sure i don't overkill it with the magnets though,....
wanna be able to take it off without ripping out the latex,....

good lookin out though,.....
sorry about all the questiuons guys,.....
just wanna get it right the first or 2nd time,....
not the 105th ..........

Philby

Doesn't seem unreasonable, providing you devise a system to line up everything as your head pour is curing. If there's no real worry about the embedded material ripping through the mask. I don't know how resilient the latex might be, though. Bevel the edges really well just to be safe.

right on ,...i see what ya mean ,.......
forgot about those round magnets u guys mentioned,.....
that pretty much solves the problem ,.......

i need clay ,.........pronto........
i'm ready to get this goin,......

Also I would have thought that by having magnets in the head and the bio will give you twice the magnetic closure power as one magnet and a metal plate :D

Also I would have thought that by having magnets in the head and the bio will give you twice the magnetic closure power as one magnet and a metal plate :D

yea i'll mess with stuff and get the right amount of pull ,.....
i want it to stay on pretty well,.....but not have to rip it off

got a P1 coming from ptgreek so ,......i'll start as soon as i get it,.....

anything other than the norm work for the lenses in the bio ???
thought maybe motocross goggles ........
or just layers of mesh or screendoor,......ha ha ha

yea i'll mess with stuff and get the right amount of pull ,.....
i want it to stay on pretty well,.....but not have to rip it off

got a P1 coming from ptgreek so ,......i'll start as soon as i get it,.....

anything other than the norm work for the lenses in the bio ???
thought maybe motocross goggles ........
or just layers of mesh or screendoor,......ha ha ha

nismo300zx used a motocross goggle lens on his "Big Blue" bio, you could probably use a reflective snowboard goggle lens as well. Screen door mesh works nicely, I just put some on my bio recently. Bambooie is selling these tinted lenses that look pretty sweet in the pics : http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=22319

yea those do look pretty damn good,........i still got 3 or 4 goggles from the dirtbike days somewhere so,....
i'll be a cheap ******* and just use those,........good lookin out though,.....

i'll need em eventually,..........

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back