Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I honestly don't remember what happened in the last season and I don't really care. Kind of sad.

Future space station. Which frankly, to me, pretty much wrapped the show up well. I thought they'd done that cause they knew it was going to be their last season, and they didn't want to try and fit in with infinity war.

Then I heard there was going to be a sixth season, and now I see they've finished filming that, and already moved onto a 7th? I'm not entirely sure where they have left to go.

To be honest I really didn't care to much for the later seasons but I still like the show. I'll miss Coulson as a character though it appears he will be in the next season in some form from the trailer

To be honest I really didn't care to much for the later seasons but I still like the show. I'll miss Coulson as a character though it appears he will be in the next season in some form from the trailer

If Coulson is really gone, then so is any reason I ever had for watching the show. The whole point of AoS was to keep up with the movies and that has simply not happened as it should. It should exist to give more depth to the MCU and it doesn't. It did in the first couple of seasons, but since... it's just been bad.

If Coulson is really gone, then so is any reason I ever had for watching the show. The whole point of AoS was to keep up with the movies and that has simply not happened as it should. It should exist to give more depth to the MCU and it doesn't. It did in the first couple of seasons, but since... it's just been bad.

That's because Whedon insisted that in "movie canon" Coulson was dead, and refused to do anything that would incorporate AoS into Avengers 2, and apparently everyone else followed suit.

That's because Whedon insisted that in "movie canon" Coulson was dead, and refused to do anything that would incorporate AoS into Avengers 2, and apparently everyone else followed suit.

Which I'm fine with. I understand that the Movie series probably makes more money from one film than a whole season of AOS makes (possibly more than the whole darn show), so they don't want to hamstring themselves over having to keep continuity with an ABC TV show.

I've enjoyed the tie ins, but I'm also fine with them being limited to being the TV show's responsibility to figure out. The fall of SHIELD, was done wonderfully to coordinate with the movies; but my favorite one still probably has to be that Coulson was responsible for the helicarrier that evacuated Sokovia.

Which I'm fine with. I understand that the Movie series probably makes more money from one film than a whole season of AOS makes (possibly more than the whole darn show), so they don't want to hamstring themselves over having to keep continuity with an ABC TV show.

I've enjoyed the tie ins, but I'm also fine with them being limited to being the TV show's responsibility to figure out. The fall of SHIELD, was done wonderfully to coordinate with the movies; but my favorite one still probably has to be that Coulson was responsible for the helicarrier that evacuated Sokovia.

Yeah, that was what bugged me the most. When Hill shows up with the helicarrier in AoU, they could have had a throw-away line of someone asking where she got it, and she replies "that's classified" (since Coulson's survival was high-level classified). It would have connected the movie with the show, without even having to acknowledge Coulson being alive.

Couldn't care less what Whedon said, he's not in charge of the MCU. He has bosses that aren't telling him what to do.

It's not so much the MCU keeping continuity with the show, but the show ought to keep continuity with the MCU. These movies are planned years in advance, it shouldn't be hard to at least mention them once in a while.

Of AoS? No. ABC (which is owned by Disney) has the rights and they were holding S6 for summer 2019. They announced it last may. I thought they had said they were holding it for summer and it was going to be the last season, but someone mentions a S7 a few posts above. Not sure there's a show without Phil.

Anybody even watching this? I'm currently just recording them for later as I am on a Walking Dead binge watch at the moment.

How's this season going so far?

I don't think it's that bad. I'm going to wait and see what direction they end up going in. The scene with
Daisy and Jemma accidentally getting high was pretty funny!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back