Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Maybe they said so and I missed it, but since Aida was created after some characters died or left, how would she even know to have them in the framework?

From the episode titles...

Next week is "Farewell, Cruel World," week after is "The Return," and the finale is "World's End." Seems to me that next week will end with them getting out, episode after will be getting ready, and finale will be the big fight to stop AIDA.

I thought you thumped it with your hand and say "Aaaaay!"

I think the whole Framework thing has worn out it's welcome. Tie it up and get on with it! Also don't get a beautiful Aussie actress and make her do an American accent! That is a crime!

I'm beyond tired of it. I'm sick of Hydra, I hate Ward with a passion and never want to see him again, this whole season basically sucks.

I'm beyond tired of it. I'm sick of Hydra, I hate Ward with a passion and never want to see him again, this whole season basically sucks.

Really? I'm really enjoying this half of the season myself. While I enjoyed the Ghost Rider storyline for the most part I something felt off about it to me and I really didn't like the guy they cast to play Ghost Rider. The Agents of Hydra storyline, on the other hand, I'm really enjoying and I'd love to see this storyline continues into the first few episodes of next season before wrapping it up.

Really? I'm really enjoying this half of the season myself. While I enjoyed the Ghost Rider storyline for the most part I something felt off about it to me and I really didn't like the guy they cast to play Ghost Rider. The Agents of Hydra storyline, on the other hand, I'm really enjoying and I'd love to see this storyline continues into the first few episodes of next season before wrapping it up.

I wasn't into the Ghost Rider stuff either, but it wasn't really Ghost Rider,it was nu-Marvel Ghost Rider which I never really liked in the comics. My biggest problem with the direction of all of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is that the series was supposed to be about the human side of the Marvel universe, but that died real quick. Seeing what it's like to be a human in a world of superhumans is a lot more interesting to me than what we're getting. Plus, the Matrix has already been done. Hydra has already been done. Grant Ward has been done to death. Do something new. Tie into the cinematic universe. Heck, just mention it once in a while! Stop retelling the same stories over and over and over again.

Other than a few bits and bones thrown at them by the MCU I don't think they are allowed to mention the movie stuff, which I HATE!! If Marvel is going to such an extent to create a unified universe, why are they treating the television shows like crap? If you're going to join it all--JOIN IT ALL!! I understand you are never going to get Iron Man on AOS, but it seems like the show is just being treated badly by the movie division. I understand the movies are written well in advance of the tv shows, but they should be able to come to some kind of balance.

Other than a few bits and bones thrown at them by the MCU I don't think they are allowed to mention the movie stuff, which I HATE!! If Marvel is going to such an extent to create a unified universe, why are they treating the television shows like crap? If you're going to join it all--JOIN IT ALL!! I understand you are never going to get Iron Man on AOS, but it seems like the show is just being treated badly by the movie division. I understand the movies are written well in advance of the tv shows, but they should be able to come to some kind of balance.

Agreed. It's really silly how the movie division treats the TV side so poorly and aren't allowing any crossover save for the most minimal mentions of events like the Chitauri invasion in the first Avengers movie. They should allow more crossing over if only in the form of more direct mentions of things going on both the TV side and movie side. Hopefully after The Defenders airs we'll get a little bit of crossover from AoS and the Netflix shows.

I think that whole thing is pretty stupid. If you're going to have a Marvel Cinematic Universe, have it. They should be mentioning the events of the Avengers movies on all of the shows when relevant. That means all of the Netflix series, being in New York, should be welcome to talk about the things that happen in New York whenever they want. Agreed that you'll never see Robert Downey Jr. showing up on Daredevil, but if you have an integrated universe, they should be able to talk about the exploits of Iron Man.

They've had episodes that directly tied to the movies, where they cleaned up after the events of Thor 2 for instance, or when the Hydra guy who wasn't Strucker was in the beginning of AoU. They haven't had anything directly tied in a while, but they have done it. Hell, Coulson is a direct link to MCU phase 1 himself.

Personally, I think a lot of the problem was Joss Whedon, and even though he's gone, it's carried over. He explicitly stated that AoS was "not canon" to the movies, because movie canon said that Coulson was dead.

AoU would have been very easy to incorporate the series into. We already had the reference to "a friend" getting the hellicarrier out of mothballs. They could have easily thrown a line in with Cap asking Hill where they got the intel on the location of the scepter (instead of it randomly being the "last" base they raided), and her saying it's classified (since Coulson being alive is super-high classified).

Civil War, they could have mentioned Inhumans in, though there wasn't really much that would have made sense to connect to AoS. And I think Doctor Strange was better off not mentioning AoS, because, otherwise, why wouldn't they just have found a healing Inhuman and avoided the entire plot.

I haven't watched the Netflix series past DD1, but that, at least, seemed to be fairly low-key, and not necessarily something that would be noticed on the larger scales of AoS and the movies?

I'm confused...where are the countless Shield agents around the US? Around the world? There's always personnel walking around their base in most episodes, guys in suits, scientists, tac teams,engineers,etc... I know their base got blown up but people evacuated the area...Shield rebuilt after defeating Hydra and reestablished bases around the world but they're not being shown to help out Coulson main team? And it seems they don't have any contact with them.

Last edited:
They were stuck in the framework a long time. When they blew up the base a few weeks ago to escape it caught the attention of the government (likely a lot of them) who were made aware of the LMD threat and basically all Shield people were essentially considered LMD's until the could prove otherwise. Basically the general summarized that bit in the episode. On top of that, the team themselves had no idea who was real or whom they could trust.

But why is it that we never see what the other Shield agents are up to around the world? There's gotta be a lot of conflicts for them to handle. In their headquarters we only see people walking around, passing by. What are their missions? Assignments? Who are they going after? I noticed every time the base is on "lockdown" we only get to see the main cast. What about the countless agents around?

But why is it that we never see what the other Shield agents are up to around the world? There's gotta be a lot of conflicts for them to handle. In their headquarters we only see people walking around, passing by. What are their missions? Assignments? Who are they going after? I noticed every time the base is on "lockdown" we only get to see the main cast. What about the countless agents around?

Is SHIELD even capable of operating internationally these days? Seems to me that they're just a hollow shell of what they used to be and while recovering, still aren't anywhere near being the SHIELD we saw before the events of Winter Soldier. Add to that the events of Age of Ultron I'd think that the US gov't would be really hesitant to allow SHIELD to operate internationally very much. Hell, they're barely able to operate domestically, what makes you think that they're capable or allowed to operate outside of the borders of the US?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back