Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

So they can walk through other people, and presumably though a closed car door, but Robbie can still ride in the car when it sets off?

I never liked that when they did it in TNG, if you can walk through walls, how do you not fall through the floor? How can you use a lift?

It's a standard in sci-fi that if you're incorporeal the laws of gravity still apply to you, at least to a certain degree. I think that the easiest way to look at it is that it the person can control their incorporeality to a certain degree and because they believe they should be able stand on a floor and ride in an elevator they can. Either that or they can only pass through objects along their X & X axis but not their Y.

I thought the scene of her playing with the holographic brain was related to that.

When ghost Lucy was walking through folks (e.g. May) it drove them crazy. That didn't seem to be the case with ghost Fitz, ghost Coulson, or ghost Robbie.. Should we infer that Lucy can selectively infect folks, or is it just inconsistent writing?

I thought the scene of her playing with the holographic brain was related to that.

When ghost Lucy was walking through folks (e.g. May) it drove them crazy. That didn't seem to be the case with ghost Fitz, ghost Coulson, or ghost Robbie.. Should we infer that Lucy can selectively infect folks, or is it just inconsistent writing?

I noticed that too, I think that it's either a concious choice or, my personal theory, is that Robby, Fitz, & Coulson were "further" away than Lucy & co and so, as a result, weren't able to affect people by walking through them. I definitely don't think that it was inconsistent writing, or at least sloppy writing that can't be easily explained.

That would make sense. Lucy et al have been doing the ghost thing for a few episodes, but Coulson was already falling into the abyss in no time.

Given that Fitz, Coulson, and Robbie have all technically died at some point and then came back (Fitz thanks to Ward, Coulson thanks to Loki, and Robbie thanks ultimately to Eli), it seems as if The Abyss was trying to actively reclaim them, hence why things happened faster to them.

Given that Fitz, Coulson, and Robbie have all technically died at some point and then came back (Fitz thanks to Ward, Coulson thanks to Loki, and Robbie thanks ultimately to Eli), it seems as if The Abyss was trying to actively reclaim them, hence why things happened faster to them.
Wow, didn't think of that. Makes you wonder if the writers did as well.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if that's what I saw or not. It would make sense that the words would appear in whatever language the person spoke.

Well they did establish that the book shows the reader what is in there in the reader's native language. For a computer program driving a mass of circuits and mechanical parts, the native language all breaks down to binary.

I can see a book like that reading a person and figuring out their language, but I wonder how it reads an android? Maybe she transmits something wirelessly?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back