Marvel Legends Ant-Man Helmet respray

itsgreg

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Picked up one of the Marvel Legends Series helmets yesterday & decided to give it a quick respray this morning.
Giving it a bit of highlighting here and there definitely makes this thing pop!
Not totally finished as it'll need to be left for the lacquer to cure up a bit & then I'll give the silver a proper Polish, I'll post better pics after that's done.
Anyways hope you like it!
IMG_20190617_160858_817.jpg
IMG_20190617_161152_287.jpg
IMG_20190617_161255_459.jpg
IMG_20190617_161007_321.jpg
IMG_20190617_161050_576.jpg

Looks amazing. Could you give us more details on how you did it? I like how it manages to look clean, yet battle worn at the same time. Great job!

Looks amazing. Could you give us more details on how you did it? I like how it manages to look clean, yet battle worn at the same time. Great job!
Thanks!
Yeah sure, no problem.
The helmet wasn't fully resprayed as the base colours were fine, the only full new colour was the gun metal around the mouth & antennas.
I started by highlighting parts of the silver that would catch light with some chrome paint (all paint was airbrushed apart from the lacquer which was applied with a gun).
After that I airbrushed black around all panel lines as well as raised ridges.
Next step was to push back the black on the silver by spraying chrome on it (but not all the way back, you're looking to feather the paint).
Then I added some light airbrushed black to corners to simulate build up of grime on areas that couldn't be wipe easily as well as some patches here & there to kill any uniform look to the paint job.
Final step was to highlight sharp angled edges with silver & lacquer the whole helmet.
The helmet was sprayed with the same gloss lacquer, keeping it wet on the areas I wanted gloss while overspraying the areas I wanted duller to kill the shine.
The whole process took about 2 hours start to finish & the helmet wasn't disassembled for paint.
I'll give it a polish in a week or two which will give it a bit more depth (may add some more detail then, but probably not).
Hope that helps!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back