Mars Attacks life size alien

dfrazee

Hello, I am new to the movie prop scene, but I purchased a life size alien from mars atttacks awhile back. I was wondering if anyone knows much about these guys. I am guessing they were the ones laying around in scenes. This guy is a little over five feet tall. Any info would be great about this props like how much are they worth. He just hangs out in my dining room peeking around the corner to scare people.

Very cool, there is a few here.

Martian stop-motion puppet from Mars Attacks!

Original Martian animation puppet from Mars Attacks!

Alien stop-motion figure from Mars Attacks

Martian in Space Suit puppet from Mars Attacks!

Mars Attacks

1937.jpg

-Aaron

I saw a whole bunch of the full sized aliens on set while working on the film - and I wanted to have one SO bad! I produced a number of alien props for the film, and was able to visit the White House set on a few occasions to drop off parts and shoot a few scenes. Never saw the full sized aliens being used - they were always stacked on hand trucks or stashed under blankets on the side of the set. My guess is they were for eye lines and as a visual aid for the human actors. I've got a pull out of the stop motion alien puppet (the version without the spacesuit), and someday I'll get the time to paint it up :)

Hello, I am new to the movie prop scene, but I purchased a life size alien from mars atttacks awhile back. I was wondering if anyone knows much about these guys. I am guessing they were the ones laying around in scenes. This guy is a little over five feet tall. Any info would be great about this props like how much are they worth. He just hangs out in my dining room peeking around the corner to scare people.
hi there i was wondering is the mars attack fosale

ACK ACK ACK!

it's such a shame stop-motion wasn't used on the film. it's easily one of my favs out of the 90's, though. love the piece, dfrazee!

I'm not sure as to a life size alien from Mars Attacks, but I did hear of a scree-used stop-motion puppet from this same film selling for 6K!

- - - Updated - - -

This is a very cool piece, Tim! Did you work on this film?

Dfrazee,
This looks like the display alien made by Global Effects inc. Global built 2 autopsy bodies and modified the space suited aliens for the film. I don't know who made the space suited aliens but they had arms that were too long and Global shortened them. The only other full size alien bodies were the autopsy bodies, one a full alien, the other a fake looking human body with an alien head. The full body had a cavity in the head and chest, with a wood and rope armature. These were sculpted by Conor Mccullagh (face off winner). The piece you have appears to be a display piece that was made for Global's office from a casting that was to be used for the film, but ultimately not needed.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back