Mark Boudreaux Designer of the Millenium Falcon fights for his life

greenmachines

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Mark Boudreaux the designer of the Millenium Falcon, recently retired and then hospitalized with covid. He is currently battling for his life amidst conflicting restrictions on lung transplants. He has been hospitalized for a year but I see no mention of it on the RPF. Has anyone been following this and have more info?

Mark Boudreaux the designer of the Millenium Falcon, recently retired and then hospitalized with covid. He is currently battling for his life amidst conflicting restrictions on lung transplants. He has been hospitalized for a year but I see no mention of it on the RPF. Has anyone been following this and have more info?
Mark graduated from a college that previously gave him accolades and honors for his success in the movie industry. That same school specializes in lung transplants and is only 15 miles from his current location. They are currently refusing his transplant.

A living will does not supercede your awake and aware decisions.

It is malpractice and likely medical murder to say his living will be used to override his actual writing "I want to live". There is no legal confusion on this point. A living will is used when you cannot communicate not while you still can.

A living will does not supercede your awake and aware decisions.

It is malpractice and likely medical murder to say his living will be used to override his actual writing "I want to live". There is no legal confusion on this point. A living will is used when you cannot communicate not while you still can.
A patient's stated wishes take precedent over any document, such as a living will. The document speaks for the patient only when and if they are incapable of stating their informed wishes at the time a decision is needed.

She needs to contact an attorney ASAP, if she doesn't already have one.

I would also strongly advise she have him transferred to a different facility (unless he cannot be due to his condition). These murderous clowns are trying to kill him.

They have fought every move she makes to get external help but the effort of getting together numerous disassociated people, lawyer, preacher, hospital staff and showing up at a public event they knew she would be attending to try to emotionally ambush her into publicly agreeing to their intentions? Take the time to think through the level of planning and coordination it took to pull that together. If she had done that to a hospital administrator she would be sitting in jail and being sued immediately.

I dunno. I think we shouldn't be so quick with the pitchforks. Stories like this are seldom as straightforward as they are depicted by the news. If this was as simple as the article described the hospital's own ethics team and legal department would advise they do the right thing. I don't know anything more than that referenced article but something just doesn't smell right.

I would normally agree and am not quick to judgement but there is a nationwide moritorium on lawsuits specifically about covid that is causing this treatment of patients to be the standard. Any hospital that strictly follows the CDC guidelines cannot be sued in these 26 states with this new law. Many hospitals have shown they would rather the patient die while still following these protocols instead of going against them as it eliminates any chance of lawsuit. None of the 26 states that enacted this federally requested policy have rescinded it. Florida had pondered it but it looks to still be in place.

Last edited:
As for any chance he might have, it would be in contacting the school he graduated from to urge their intervention in a transplant. But likely, that is not something for an rpf thread. I just hope he can get enough attention on his situation that they can get some support.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back