Mando Armorer Helmet refinished using Nail Polish Powder!

Is this the video? If not, it definitely shows off the chrome effect on a smooth, plastic surface. It looks very good compared to the other options he tested. I keep looking for chrome finishes that you can actually handle and still have that metallic chrome shine, if this is as durable as you say - and is cheap and easy to apply - this could have some amazing applications!

View attachment 1560788
View attachment 1560789

Hey, thanks for sharing my video here. I noticed the spike in my views and wondered where they came from

Hey, thanks for sharing my video here. I noticed the spike in my views and wondered where they came from
Really appreciate the video, I'll have to pick up some of those powders, truly an impressive outcome. I'm also glad to see Indy's results applying to tacky paint, that's probably the route I'll try.

This is excellent work! Did you use a topcoat for either the helmet, or knee darts? Like you mentioned before, a topcoat will dull it a bit. I’m just curious if that’s the route you took with the finished product. I want to try this with the helmet I have, but I’m concerned about durability.

I'm not top coating anything for the moment. I'm doing a few more projects with this stuff and will keep you posted if I have any longevity issues. So far, the adhesion seems great when applied to the tacky paint.

Fantastic.

Have you tried a Mando helmet yet to see if this would do the trick or would the finish be too rough?

I haven't done a large scale silver item yet to see what the finish would be like, but I imagine it would work well. I'm thinking of doing a custom Mandalorian helmet with a silver finish in the near future and will post here the results once done...

I haven't done a large scale silver item yet to see what the finish would be like, but I imagine it would work well. I'm thinking of doing a custom Mandalorian helmet with a silver finish in the near future and will post here the results once done...
You mean Beskar :lol:

You mean Beskar :lol:

psych GIF

Has anyone tried to paint over this with positive results.

I was going to try to use this as the base color for Mandos and Jangos helmet. Obviously needing to paint the blue on Jangos

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back