Man Of Steel Replica

Hi. It's rather difficult. Usually from importers and suppliers for athletic wear. Fortunately, there are quite a number here in the Philippines.

Just to update you on my MOS Costume, I was able to use it during the June 11 Advanced Screening here in the Philippines. My new Man of Steel Suit, which I constructed myself. Frightful Acts constructed the blue silicone parts, but belt buckle and gold belt is by me. Emblem is urethane rubber by Jonathan Kapow from UK but painting and border is by me. I Photoshopped the suit pattern design and printed it on spandex then sewed it myself. Sprayed a coating of black upholstery paint on the spandex so when it stretches, you don’t see white, plus it goes a shade down and less blue. Boots are custom made for me by Wilson Shoes with dye sub pattern fabric, Nike interior material, and three-inch hidden elevators. Cape is ultra-suede and sewn by me back to back to have identical color and texture front and back. image.jpgimage.jpg

Just to update you on my MOS Costume, I was able to use it during the June 11 Advanced Screening here in the Philippines. My new Man of Steel Suit, which I constructed myself. Frightful Acts constructed the blue silicone parts, but belt buckle and gold belt is by me. Emblem is urethane rubber by Jonathan Kapow from UK but painting and border is by me. I Photoshopped the suit pattern design and printed it on spandex then sewed it myself. Sprayed a coating of black upholstery paint on the spandex so when it stretches, you don’t see white, plus it goes a shade down and less blue. Boots are custom made for me by Wilson Shoes with dye sub pattern fabric, Nike interior material, and three-inch hidden elevators. Cape is ultra-suede and sewn by me back to back to have identical color and texture front and back.View attachment 202514View attachment 202515

This is FANTASTIC buddy!

Question. What kind of puffy paint is everyone using on these? Because the stuff I have used in the past has absolutely no flex to it, and cracks like crazy after a couple wears on even a lose fitting t-shirt. I can't imagine using it on a spandex suit.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

I am in the process of having the New Superman suit made. It cost 5 thousand to make the mold to be able to make a one piece rubber suit. After I get my 3 suits other can be made.
Looking for others intersted.
Not into selling so lookng for someone who knows the Superman market. Iam just a fan. If I don't sell any don't care --Have mine
Please advise your thoughts
ducfonz@msn.com
Bert

Bert, make your own thread for that kind of stuff, don't spam other people's projects. Good luck with your expensive endeavor.

My kids will be showing off their MoS suits at Baltimore Comic-Con in September.

Last edited:
My kids will be showing off their MoS suits at Baltimore Comic-Con in September.

Hey Max! YES! Slow progress. I actually ended up getting Eldonatty's print and Pannaus emblem. Going to puff it myself to save money. (though it would be faster and cheaper if you look at hours spent doing it myself)... But that's the fun of it too is the process. I still need to get the rubber pieces for the gauntlets and belt and everything from nightmare factory. As of right now, they are the only ones making the silicone pieces, and they look to be pretty darn accurate (thanks guys -Don, nightmare, pannaus-for working your butt off!) I gotta sew my own cape which I bought the suede online. Other than that, working on a few other projects. I actually better get my butt in gear to get them all done for clients before I start on my own.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back