Making an SE-14R using a Nerf Death Trooper as base

tyronec

Hi there. Very first post! Has anyone tried to make an SE-14R using the Nerf Rogue One Death Trooper as a base? I’m not sure how confident I feel chopping down the existing toy to make something else, if no-one’s attempted it before. Amateur skill level shining through here…

Hi there. Very first post! Has anyone tried to make an SE-14R using the Nerf Rogue One Death Trooper as a base? I’m not sure how confident I feel chopping down the existing toy to make something else, if no-one’s attempted it before. Amateur skill level shining through here…
I doubt you'll find any examples of this, mainly because the Death Trooper blaster (in canon known as an E-11D) is based on an entirely different gun than the SE-14R.

The Nerf Death Trooper Blaster is a simplified representation of the E-11D, which like the classic Original Trilogy E-11 is based on the Sterling submachine gun.

The SE-14R was also built from a real-world submachine gun, the Rexim Favor - the stock, clip, and front barrel were all removed to trim it down to more of a pistol design, and an added scope giving more of a "sci fi" look (in fact the SE-14C variant seen in the cantina scene has *two* scopes).

If you really want an accurate SE-14R, and presuming you don't care about the Nerf functionality, your best option is probably a resin or 3D printed kit. A search for "SE-14R" on the RPF may find some example builds and a request for recommendations could help you narrow down the best value makers (keep in mind 3D printed kits and replicas on ebay or etsy are often cheap for a reason).

If you've already got the Nerf E-11D, it may be just as much fun to accurize it - extending the barrel, upgrading the stock, etc. If it's your first build like this, don't be afraid to experiment a little and don't feel like you have to achieve 100% screen accuracy. It's basically still a toy, so getting it close enough to be recognizable as your subject is all you're after. Have fun, and if it ends up a little different from the "real" blaster, just say it's a different production variant with some custom modifications.

Nice! I like the idea of just playing around with the existing toy, trying to maintain the blaster sound (I don’t care about the dart function), and building a variant of the original SE-14R. Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back