Making an SE-14R using a Nerf Death Trooper as base

tyronec

Hi there. Very first post! Has anyone tried to make an SE-14R using the Nerf Rogue One Death Trooper as a base? I’m not sure how confident I feel chopping down the existing toy to make something else, if no-one’s attempted it before. Amateur skill level shining through here…

AtomicToybox

Hi there. Very first post! Has anyone tried to make an SE-14R using the Nerf Rogue One Death Trooper as a base? I’m not sure how confident I feel chopping down the existing toy to make something else, if no-one’s attempted it before. Amateur skill level shining through here…
I doubt you'll find any examples of this, mainly because the Death Trooper blaster (in canon known as an E-11D) is based on an entirely different gun than the SE-14R.

The Nerf Death Trooper Blaster is a simplified representation of the E-11D, which like the classic Original Trilogy E-11 is based on the Sterling submachine gun.

The SE-14R was also built from a real-world submachine gun, the Rexim Favor - the stock, clip, and front barrel were all removed to trim it down to more of a pistol design, and an added scope giving more of a "sci fi" look (in fact the SE-14C variant seen in the cantina scene has *two* scopes).

If you really want an accurate SE-14R, and presuming you don't care about the Nerf functionality, your best option is probably a resin or 3D printed kit. A search for "SE-14R" on the RPF may find some example builds and a request for recommendations could help you narrow down the best value makers (keep in mind 3D printed kits and replicas on ebay or etsy are often cheap for a reason).

If you've already got the Nerf E-11D, it may be just as much fun to accurize it - extending the barrel, upgrading the stock, etc. If it's your first build like this, don't be afraid to experiment a little and don't feel like you have to achieve 100% screen accuracy. It's basically still a toy, so getting it close enough to be recognizable as your subject is all you're after. Have fun, and if it ends up a little different from the "real" blaster, just say it's a different production variant with some custom modifications.

tyronec

Nice! I like the idea of just playing around with the existing toy, trying to maintain the blaster sound (I don’t care about the dart function), and building a variant of the original SE-14R. Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.