Making a Spider-Man Costume the way Peter dose it.

SaiTurtlesninja

I am making a Spider-Man base on the description given to us by the comics. With a few of my own touches.

I wouldn't be able to have working webshooter be I should have a nice prop.

SaiturtlesninjaNX
875ff5a8.jpg

The fabric I using react to light the same way it dose in the comic.

The what I have so far.

NOTE: I didn't per web the fabric. I just mark the fabric so I note what side this which.

05a6bde4.png

e0d3e43f.png

I Will be making update. When I Finnish I will be doing a 16 part how-to series on YouTube.

Last edited:
There's a spider web shooter prop for sale in the junkyard section. Looks really amazing 2..should check it out

excuse me i was wondering if you could help me iv been wanting to make a spiderman mask for ever and i really need the shapes that you draw onto the fabric and sew together to make it. im not asking for a webbing template or anything as i know people dont like to give those out. just the shapes you put on the fabric and cut out in order to sew them together if you could give me these or anyone on the forums could i would really appreciate it. here my email w.g.selby@googlemail.com please and thank you guys

@firebapx
It's no secret most of what I'm using came these 2 sites. I'm just modificating there patterns into to a spidey suit.
Making a Skinsuit / Catsuit / Unitard
Somewhat Stretchy : Catsuit patterns and more

Here things on the making pattern.
Collar and Hood for Skinsuit / Catsuit / Unitard

There 3 ways how the suit came about.
1. Came from his Wrestling days or television days. Still mean his has to figure out how-to piece it together himself.

2. Peter base the basic for is FIRST suit on a pairs long john's. Most linky explanation for how the Amazing Fantasy #15 suit came about.

3. Peter research book, pattern and the internet for basic pattern.

Peter make 2 to 3 at a time to 3 to 4 times a year. This is just assuming that he has 3 to 5 costume at any gaven time and the costumes get beat up alot. This math isn't for when his starting out.

How can he afford his suit. For starter Peter is alway looking for sales to get spandex for 50% or lets off or SHIELD or Tony own a fabric store and give him a discount. NOTE: I'm just making one suit.

Last edited:
I know it been some time since my last update but here the suit so far.

I cheated a little on the suit. I took one of the raimi style pattern and resize it and modify it.

b6ba93ce.png

fb42366d.png

Logos updates

Front Spider
d84df78e.png

Back Spider (my own design because the comic back spider look like a tick)
14996589.png

I made these eyes years ago.
a86383ad.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back