Making a female breastplate

Make a plaster waste mold of the chest, vaseline the inside of the mold, pour plaster and back with burlap for strength then carefully peel the plaster bandaging off and then you can sculpt or heat and mold plastic over the plaster chest.

There is a gentleman on this forum who goes by Evil FX that had made armor for his lady with very impressive results using a simple method to form the breastplate.

http://www.therpf.com/f24/mass-effect-2-n7-armor-builds-89795/

He has a link to his website with more details on how he went about it.

This may not be the actual direction you are looking for, but I'm sure it can inspire you as it had done for me in working with his material of choice.

very interesting BAK55, thankyou :). Spartan, the problem I have with making a mold of my own bust is that I am rather, erm, busty so I'm concerned about getting the cast the right shape. I think trial and error might just be the way to go here.

There is a gentleman on this forum who goes by Evil FX that had made armor for his lady with very impressive results using a simple method to form the breastplate.

He also runs the Bioweapons.com site. I've sort of been waiting for him to update his how-to build section. I've been wanting to try a build like that, but not necessarily the same techniques...:cool

very interesting BAK55, thankyou :). Spartan, the problem I have with making a mold of my own bust is that I am rather, erm, busty so I'm concerned about getting the cast the right shape. I think trial and error might just be the way to go here.

Oh ya, u will need help , self molds are do-able but not really worth the time and trailand error. get yourself a helping hand or 2.

I made one from this. Fiber-glassed the inside, heat shaped it a bit to fit on the model, and rub and buffed it silver, I don't have a picture sorry. LARGE BUST FEMALE TORSO MANNEQUIN FORM DRESS L- XL SIZE | eBay

Second this method here.

I've used female mannequin torso before and it works really well - and gives you a lot of options depending on the material you're using for the breastplate.

If you're using plastic (sintra and the like) - then you can use the torso directly and build off it.
If you're going the foam route (like EvilFX), then it gives you a good base to form the foam on.
EvilFX did proove though that you can use a lot simpler mold (2 bowls) and come up with a great results.

But then - there's a gazillion ways to make a female breatplate... however they don't all apply to every material out there you can use to make one.

Did you have an idea what you were planning to use to make this ??? I'm guessing you're looking at a costume that maybe have more than a breastplate... what were you planning to use to do the rest of the armor/costume ???

the rest of the armour is going to probably be a fibreglass/bondo mixture. I would love to be able to get lightweight casts out of my stuff but its rather expensive and I'm not planning on making more than one pull. It's just the basic fit I'm after, there is going to be a lot of 3D detail sculpted onto the basic bust detail...if that makes sense. Check my Wonder Woman thread for a pic.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back