Making a Cast of a Hand

CH33ZEBURG3R

Hey Guys,

I'm needing some advice/help on how i go about making a a hand that is pretty much identical to my own.

Basically i'm about to start work on a mannequin that i plan to do a Lifesize Freddy Krueger with and i want one of the hands that will be attached to the mannequin more realistic looking than the one that is on now which is this thing -
View attachment 155887
Now obviously this would pretty bad even painted up so i was thinking about making a cast/mould from my hand and then making some kind of Latex one that looks natural when it's hanging down the side, it would also be good if i could also use the fittings on the mannequin on the new one -
View attachment 155888

Of course i'd paint it all up to look Burnt like it should so has anybody got any advice on where to start and what the best options are?

Thanks,

Dayle.

Well thanks for the link, after some digging around i think i'm going to go down the Alginate route as there's a place close by to me that sell all that stuff and more, i'm not sure i want a Latex hand on i though as i think it will be too flexible and resin seems to be expensive just for one hand, and plaster would be too brittle so i'm unsure what to use?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back