magnets...

jasp

when fitting the magnets inside the mask do there have to be on the latex??what size and type of magnets do i need?,the reason i'm asking is ive got P2 mask already form filled,will the magnets still work through the foam & onto the bio??? any advice will help possibly with picts thanks carl.

"Rare Earth Magnets" Are what I've most commonly heard of people using. You can get search them on Ebay or many hobby shops carry them. As far as I am aware though, people fit them into place before foam filling the mask. I don't think they would be strong enough to work through the foam. Depends how thick it is I guess... But generally speaking I'm pretty sure it's done before the mask is filled.

Would it be possible to dig through some of the foam to get the magnets closer to the Latex? Or if the mask isn't painted yet, you could possibly cut through and slip them underneath. Then patch the mask up with some latex before painting it.

Here is a thread describing the process. Also, biohunter76 made a post here (#66). Unfortunately the link he shared, no longer works. He is a great source of info, so I'd shoot him a PM and get specifics and then help us all out and report back to this thread,

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back