magnets...

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

jasp

when fitting the magnets inside the mask do there have to be on the latex??what size and type of magnets do i need?,the reason i'm asking is ive got P2 mask already form filled,will the magnets still work through the foam & onto the bio??? any advice will help possibly with picts thanks carl.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

TokyoRose

"Rare Earth Magnets" Are what I've most commonly heard of people using. You can get search them on Ebay or many hobby shops carry them. As far as I am aware though, people fit them into place before foam filling the mask. I don't think they would be strong enough to work through the foam. Depends how thick it is I guess... But generally speaking I'm pretty sure it's done before the mask is filled.

Would it be possible to dig through some of the foam to get the magnets closer to the Latex? Or if the mask isn't painted yet, you could possibly cut through and slip them underneath. Then patch the mask up with some latex before painting it.

Darth Pinhead

Here is a thread describing the process. Also, biohunter76 made a post here (#66). Unfortunately the link he shared, no longer works. He is a great source of info, so I'd shoot him a PM and get specifics and then help us all out and report back to this thread,