Interest Mad Max: Fury Road - Immortan Joe Embroidered Armor Patches

Ein

Sr Member

The Big Bad Immortan Joe from Mad Max: Fury Road has a number or hard-to-source details on him that have had us talking for a while. After a ton of man-hours digging through the internet at large for comparable, screen-accurate patches, I've decided to just go ahead and start getting quotes on custom embroidery patches. This stuff is invariably cheaper in bulk, so I wanted to see if there was any interest in getting a one-time run of these things together.

My goal is to offer a set of adhesive-backed embroidery panels that you can just peel and slap onto your armor or other decor. I figure sticker-type embroidered patches are easier to attach than any other option, given the nature of the armor itself.

I've started making vector illustrations of each patch and I'm working on rounding up some quotes now. I'm going to loosely categorize these by type. The first one is the "NAMIBIA SKELETON COAST" emblem that's present on Joe's pauldron.

NGGf4Iem.jpg

I may change the font a bit before final proofing, but it's definitely a serif font from what I have seen of other promotional shots. Fray it as much as you like when you get it, I suppose!

There's a number of "SHERIFF"-style patches on his left arm - three, to be precise- and they all seem to be generally similar in that they bear an icon of texas on them. The back of his arm has a full patch that looks like it's approximately 4"x3"; the one on the front of the bicep looks exactly the same, but it seems to just be the star portion of that badge cut away from the background and attached by itself. There is one closer to his wrist down his arm that looks identical to the other two, but is tinted red. My general expectation is that I can design the one big version of these with the background, and they can be cut from their interfacing and stuck on or dyed as required.

sAWfRIyl.jpg

I am aware that there is at least two more badges. One seems to be horseshoe-shaped, although another forumer has described it as a shield. It appears on Joe's forearm. I have not been able to source any images of it to give me enough of an idea as to what it's supposed to look like, but I may improvise something up all the same.
@immortanjoanna Has also spotted an upside-down "TEXAS" typographic patch that I think would be simple enough to make and order. I'll work on figuring out the details of that shortly.

Price on the Sheriff patch and the Namibia patch are TBD but I am loosely assuming that they'll be about $10-$12 per patch. This price may change if I don't get a ton of interest (might be a bit higher) or it may go down if a ton of people bandwagon onto this and make it so I can buy in bulk - no promises yet. The self-adhesive option might push the price up a tiny bit but that remains to be seen.

Edit: I am making an assumption for my own part that I can use 3x of the Sheriff badges to do most of what I need on the arm (the full badge on the back tricep, the trimmed one on the front bicep, and a red-dyed one on the wrist). Please indicate how many of the Sheriff Badges you might be interested in so I can make an accurate estimate.

Last edited:
Count me in too!!! I've had no internet access today and I was about to post so bits about the patches... Holy cow you research fiends! Loving the dedication to detail on this forum!!!

Count me in too!!! I've had no internet access today and I was about to post so bits about the patches... Holy cow you research fiends! Loving the dedication to detail on this forum!!!

Please post them anyway. :D Never know what I've missed.

Edit: Also edited in to the OP. I am making an assumption for my own part that I can use 3x of the Sheriff badges to do most of what I need on the arm (the full badge on the back tricep, the trimmed one on the front bicep, and a red-dyed one on the wrist). ahoudini, immortanjoanna, eriksmask, please indicate how many of the Sheriff Badges you might be interested in so I can make an accurate estimate when it comes time to order. I'll definitely pick up some extras but I don't want to have a ton of these things lying around when I'm done. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I was only going to post about the center being the state of Texas.
Looking at the forearm badge again I think you are right. I'm about 90% sure it' a horse shoe.

Looking at the images again, are we sure the star is gold and not silver? It's hard to tell with all the color correcting, but in the bts images I don't see the warm gold? It's hard to tell as all the badges seem to be weathered and darkend to heck.

*eddit* also interested in 3 stars and one skull too.

Yep down for the three stars, skull and rectangle. Also upside down Texas if you do it. :) I still am not sure how much of everything I'm going to be able to fit on my smaller frame, but I'd rather too many than not enough. And if I end up with a spare then I can always have back ups in case something decides to get damaged or falls off while wearing the costume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I can definitely see what you're talking about with the color there, and frankly gray/silver would be easier to dye for the wrist one anyway. Looking closer at my references, I suspect you are right and I may have just been filling the star in as gold because of how I saw it on the billion other sheriff badge patches I browsed throughout the day. I'll edit it.

Yep down for the three. I still am not sure how much of everything I'm going to be able to fit on my smaller frame, but I'd rather too many than not enough. And if I end up with a spare then I can always have back ups in case something decides to get damaged or falls off while wearing the costume.

I think with a gender-swapped outfit you could get away with a lot of liberties, including maybe throwing patches like the Namibia one or one of the sheriff stars on the other arm. I actually think it's kinda surprising that Joe has all of this stuff littering his left arm and nothing on his right.

I think with a gender-swapped outfit you could get away with a lot of liberties, including maybe throwing patches like the Namibia one or one of the sheriff stars on the other arm. I actually think it's kinda surprising that Joe has all of this stuff littering his left arm and nothing on his right.

Yeah for sure! I wonder if they put it all on the left because that's the side that hangs out the window of the car/more seen while the right is inside and more often hidden?

I'll take 4 sheriff patches and two skulls. Ordered my own Texas rectangular patch.

Some changes to the patches incoming!
logan74k was kind enough to post a couple extra images that I could work from of all of the embroidered patches:

9Y3bj3Dl.jpg

8hw0ab1l.jpg

QJkSBQDl.jpg

Thanks, Logan.

It was pointed out that the Namibia patch is slightly different, and that the font is actually made of bones! Appropriate enough. Some quick changes here:

h82oy5al.jpg

It seems like the skull on the Namibia patch is not quite as detailed as the one I have here, so I may look at simplifying the thing down a bit to match closer.

On the Sheriff patch end of things, I redid the top heraldry a little bit and recolored the star more towards the silver end of the spectrum, per earlier discussion here.

Df1Gddel.jpg

No idea what to do with that shield/horseshoe badge yet but I may just make something passable up from thin air if I can't figure out what I'm looking at.

Attachments

• 9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 100
  • 9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    9Y3bj3Dl.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 8hw0ab1l.jpg
    8hw0ab1l.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 116
  • 8hw0ab1l.jpg
    8hw0ab1l.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 60
  • 8hw0ab1l.jpg
    8hw0ab1l.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 111
  • 8hw0ab1l.jpg
    8hw0ab1l.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 65
  • 8hw0ab1l.jpg
    8hw0ab1l.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 129
  • QJkSBQDl.jpg
    QJkSBQDl.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 105
  • QJkSBQDl.jpg
    QJkSBQDl.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 49
  • QJkSBQDl.jpg
    QJkSBQDl.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 106
  • QJkSBQDl.jpg
    QJkSBQDl.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 116
  • QJkSBQDl.jpg
    QJkSBQDl.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 70
  • h82oy5al.jpg
    h82oy5al.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 155
  • h82oy5al.jpg
    h82oy5al.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 79
  • h82oy5al.jpg
    h82oy5al.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 108
  • h82oy5al.jpg
    h82oy5al.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 94
  • h82oy5al.jpg
    h82oy5al.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 149
  • Df1Gddel.jpg
    Df1Gddel.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Df1Gddel.jpg
    Df1Gddel.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Df1Gddel.jpg
    Df1Gddel.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 56
  • Df1Gddel.jpg
    Df1Gddel.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Df1Gddel.jpg
    Df1Gddel.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
Looking great Ein! I do think the main background of the patch is a little lighter. Hope you don't mind, I lightened your great vector render as an example.

The Bone font looks spot on!!!

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that horseshoe/shield.

Alright, I have tried to figure out what is going on with that shield/horseshoe badge but I haven't come up with any leads in the last week, so I'm going to start getting the orders together for this in the next few days.

I'm not a fan of taking money upfront for product when I can afford it, so I won't be asking for payment on anything until I have these patches in-hand, just FYI.

In the interim, if anyone has any more reference images on the missing patch, please let me know.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back