Mace Windu is Alive...

Maul sliced in half? and he is still an ongoing character......people can accept that (not me mind you)

J

Agreed. With the idiotic precedent set by Maul coming back in The Clone Wars after his being sliced in half and falling down a deep shaft, basically any deceased character could theoretically come back. I absolutely think Mace should remain dead but if Maul can survive his ordeal, then it's now plausible Mace could survive having his hand sliced off, being electrocuted and falling hundreds of stories out of a skyscraper. I mean, why not?

Regardless, Mace Windu was a boring and horribly miscast character anyways. I would've far rather seen someone like Morgan Freeman play the role but that's water under the bridge now.

Sam Jackson decided THE DEATH of his own damn character. He wanted him to die like that. He can't back out of his own decision, plus it lessens the entire Jedi Purge. Oh, jedi can survive? YAY the purge never actually happened! All the jedi went to Dagobah and will emerge in VIII! :facepalm

Here's what a 110 year old Mace would look like:
django-3.jpg

I didn't read the article, but let's do some math.

Let's say Mace Windu is 40 years old in TPM (is that pretty young to be on the Jedi Council?). + 10 for AotC, + 3 to get us to RotS. That puts him at 53 years old at the time of his death (maybe). Add 19 years to get us to ANH, that gets him to 72. I'm kind of fuzzy on the time between all the events of the OT, but let's just add 3 to get us to RotJ. That's up to 75. Now add the 30 years it takes to get us to TFA, and you've got 110.

Mace Windu would be ~110 years old IF he was still alive and laid low all those years.

But since Mr. Hidalgo has spoken, he's dead.

SB

I guess David Prowse can now say Vader is still alive.
Harrison Ford can now say Han Solo is still alive.
Ian McDiarmid can now say the Emperor is still alive.
Natalie Portman can now say Padme is still alive.
Frank Oz can now say Yoda is still alive.
Liam Neeson can now say Qui Gon is still alive.
Hell, while we're at it, I suppose if Peter Cushing or Alec Guiness were alive they could say THEIR characters are still alive!

Where does it stop?

They should add him to ESB...

The scene where yoda tells Obi's ghost "no there is another" mace could walk up behind him and be like "damn, you dumb old green motha ****er... I been tryin to tell you that fo twentyfo motha ****ing years!"

Sam Jackson decided THE DEATH of his own damn character. He wanted him to die like that. He can't back out of his own decision, plus it lessens the entire Jedi Purge. Oh, jedi can survive? YAY the purge never actually happened! All the jedi went to Dagobah and will emerge in VIII! :facepalm

I didn't read the article, but let's do some math.

Let's say Mace Windu is 40 years old in TPM (is that pretty young to be on the Jedi Council?). + 10 for AotC, + 3 to get us to RotS. That puts him at 53 years old at the time of his death (maybe). Add 19 years to get us to ANH, that gets him to 72. I'm kind of fuzzy on the time between all the events of the OT, but let's just add 3 to get us to RotJ. That's up to 75. Now add the 30 years it takes to get us to TFA, and you've got 110.

Not that it's a huge difference, but last i checked 75+30 = 105 :)

It's not impossible to live that long. Yoda was 900. With their technology people could live to 140 or so for all we know. Not saying it still isn't far fetched, but that doesn't make it impossible either.

IMO the dramatic strength of the OT (and to a lesser extent, the PT) was greatly boosted by the lack of typical comic storytelling gimmicks. Good guys can lose battles/movies, no time travel, no goofy identity swapping, good guys can die, and people stay dead when they die.

Once you bring back a major dead character it takes the punch out of major character deaths from then on. People won't fully trust any deaths after that. Even when somebody IS going to stay dead, the audience cannot know that for sure at the time they die.

They should add him to ESB...

The scene where yoda tells Obi's ghost "no there is another" mace could walk up behind him and be like "damn, you dumb old green motha ****er... I been tryin to tell you that fo twentyfo motha ****ing years!"

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!:lol:thumbsup

I liked the character, but he's dead. I'm guessing there's a limit to how far a Jedi can fall and survive. Even if you use that neat little trick Kanan used on Rebels where you use Force push at the ground, at the last minute as a kind of Force retro rocket, I doubt he would survive that fall.

If they did decide to do any Prequel era movies like Ewan McGregor was asking for, I would have no problem seeing Mace Windu in that. Nothing post ROTS though. That cheapens the feeling of dread when the Republic is falling.

I'm cracking up over the fact that just because SLJ said he feels his character survived that it means its somehow gospel. As much as I love Star Wars, some of you get all worked up over the silliest stuff.

Boba Fett i can understand, having Mando armor and a lifetime of gaining skills. But a full on electrocution, a lost arm, and tossed out a window seems to be a death. Luke only survived because Palpatine was just hurting him, up until he says Luke will die. Only then Luke cried for Daddy to save him and Vader turned back into Ani. Palpatine screamed about his power and tossed it into Mace's skull, he has to be done.

He landed in a carbonite chamber across the block, he will look the same age as in Ep III but scarred like Palpatine and will have a TR8R baton instead of an arm to block any more energy blasts

Boba Fett i can understand, having Mando armor and a lifetime of gaining skills. But a full on electrocution, a lost arm, and tossed out a window seems to be a death. Luke only survived because Palpatine was just hurting him, up until he says Luke will die. Only then Luke cried for Daddy to save him and Vader turned back into Ani. Palpatine screamed about his power and tossed it into Mace's skull, he has to be done.

Boba Fett surviving the Sarlacc is a total retcon too. It's just a much more popular one.

If Fett can fight his way out of that hole then the Sarlacc doesn't feel half as scary as it originally did.

Last edited:
Kenobi is still alive!!!!!!!!!!!

Obi-wan just used simple party tricks to fool Vader and anyone else that was watching... He re-hid in the falcon's compartments and that is why luke hear his voice.

Does this not look exactly as when Vader strikes down Kenobi....

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who thinks Bob Fett survived is mistaken. If you're in that camp, know that I am laughing at you. :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back