M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

Yes i would say so, there is so much cool stuff to do i feel like im just getting started .

- - - Updated - - -

Yes i would say so, there is so much cool stuff to do i feel like im just getting started .
If there is a item and there is some documentation to help build it or find a real one to work from let ME KNOW !:)

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a item thats needed and there is some documentation to help build it ,or find a real one to work from let ME KNOW !:)

Just checked out your ebay shop, I didn't realize you had been putting up so much new stuff. :) I think I brought it up before but it turned into a Thoren's (or not) disk. How about a Bespin scope mount nut/knob? I cannot unfortunately provide measurements. There are pics of the Master Replicas version here. Out of curiosity I looked up tools for knurling on a bevel, pretty neat process!

The blaster on display is no proof - he is definately not in the state as while filming. Maybe altered/reworked since then, maybe even a complete remade with using some parts, for the display purpose.

Without seeing better pics directly from the time of filming ..... no proof. Only what it looks NOW.

thats fair,

i do remember a Hoth picture with an unknown greeblie as the scope mount knob, hope we'll one day find out!

also, beautiful work!

I just received my "Thorens" disc. A little bit disappointed, as it's only one sided, and the one side has the smaller ring proud rather than sunken.

If you could machine them two sided, and a few thousandths thicker, that'd be ideal.

A for effort, though!

I have one of his version A kits: nice kit, looks like all the reference photos, and worth the money.

I've actually been trying to decide which version to get. I put that blaster together about 15 years ago. I haven't looked much at blaster variations over the years as the power cylinder module was mostly unidentified back then. It's been bugging me as of late, since I came across Field's eBay auctions a while ago. Now I want to finally complete it, accurately.

I will be getting one of these versions. Just have a lot of "irons in the fire" procuring other replicas. Thanks for the advice.

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a item and there is some documentation to help build it or find a real one to work from let ME KNOW !:)

- - - Updated - - -

If there is a item thats needed and there is some documentation to help build it ,or find a real one to work from let ME KNOW !:)

Ok. I've kept an eye out over the years for a Compac Super Scope 4x31 for a Greedo Killer DL-44. Or even a decent cost effective metal replica. I don't have specs but maybe someone reading knows of some. I would be interested in one of those.

I have a really decent replica of the Greedo Killer. The scope has always been the bane of it. I have a 70's era scope on it that is similar but just not completely accurate.

I have the tool for that , should not be to hard if i can match the pitch

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone finds me a hensholt or the compac super i will pay good!!!!! Ill work on the disc very soon. Im going to make the bracket too

Have to be stamped to really capture that look,,, and its not seen..... Stamping require such high numbers im not opposed to doing it but do you think we need 20 30 thousand?
Hope when you get it mounted it does the trick ....
what part of Atlanta are you ? Im in Greenville sc you should stop by if you ever this way

Thanks for that , i worked really hard to mimic those ... Its still one of my favorite thing s to build ... There so" techy" looking .. I got several mouse droid builders wanting me to make the complete racks ... When i complete all these e11 and dl builds i my give that a shot....

Have to be stamped to really capture that look,,, and its not seen..... Stamping require such high numbers im not opposed to doing it but do you think we need 20 30 thousand?
Hope when you get it mounted it does the trick ....
what part of Atlanta are you ? Im in Greenville sc you should stop by if you ever this way
I actually managed to machine one that was two sided, with my puny little lathe.

Unfortunately it was installed on a blaster I sold.

Here are a few pics:
0ff9f89ecd3e83e43cfb08a244704bdb.jpg

42cc364e5366e0508cb82656d8f34943.jpg

a90d91efab27ecaac940baa899adeb6c.jpg

c52402e603460d565946bfa34e33ecf2.jpg

Just saying, it can be done without having to stamp them. In fact, I think it looks better machined, anyway. That way you can get the part thicker.

I'm inside the perimeter of ATL. Don't really make any trips up that way, but it'd sure be fun!

Last edited:
The thickness looks spot on, but wasn´t the general consensus that there is no recessed area at all?! it was an optical illusion created by the glue vs. the surrounding paint

No, just the observation of a single person from the actual state on display.

But the displayed gun is altered to the filming one, so no proof what parts are still really accurate to filming.

Lol,, ill have to make two versions , i not opposed to putting the recess on the other side too....... i thought the raise part face out ??? lich your gun builds show the raised side out???? Markus you think this thing is just a flat disc ? You guys have done this longer than me .. ill defer this to you

The thickness looks spot on, but wasn´t the general consensus that there is no recessed area at all?! it was an optical illusion created by the glue vs. the surrounding paint

- - - Updated - - -

Let me know if your ever this way , im about 3 hours up 85

I always believed​ the recess was facing out.

I'll look again at my reference.

Also, Lichtbringer, I'm not sure much has really changed with the prop since filming ended. No way to be sure, I guess, but I don't think any parts are different.

I mean, the big knob that was originally there obviously broke off during filming, leaving behind what we see in the photos. I believe it to be glue/epoxy residue on the "Thorens Disc".

89658c8460b2cbcb2eee9b5874e9753d.jpg

3a7de2734d7af44c05bf30912c68d55a.jpg

8f6b67dc7754186da1e30912a5b83e9e.jpg

Last edited:
If they kept the gun in the same state as when filming, then it would still have brown grips.

Why paint the grips later? Why alter the existing gun for display? Or was it in a not displayable state, and they reworked it, or maybe even made a new one for display, working with some original parts and making other parts?

40 years later ...... actual pics are no proof for me, unless a prop is still the same as can be confirmed by pics from the filming. To much items have been damaged and "repaired", or were even made just to be on display.

I will say the brass spacer seems to have been there during filming. I don't have the pics, but they're in the ESB thread, screenshots and BTS shots that show the tall, brassy spacer

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back