Ly's Ultimate Spider-Man (Bagley) V2 build *80% COMPLETE*

LyMovieDude1

Hey everyone! I'm now starting my V2 Mark Bagley inspired Ultimate Spider-Man suit build.

My first version which I started last year had some major flaws, mainly the red color coming out more orange than red, and the blue being a little too light in certain areas.
It was also too small, so I decided to scrap that one completely and start over. Here is a pic though.
IMG_0385.JPG

Once again, I am using TheNewBlood's pattern, which I modified in photoshop to be more accurate to the comics.

I really took my time studying Mark Bagley's style of drawing Spidey and the unique features of the suit. When you look at the comics, you will notice the "muscle shading" on the red is very subtle compared to the blue areas. It gives the impression of the red overlapping the blue. Here are some pics:
Ultimate_Spider-Man_Vol_1_6_page_03_Peter_Parker_Earth-1610.jpg
12711.jpg

tumblr_myahoiaNTV1ser9m9o1_1280.jpg
Since the colors vary alot, I wasn't too worried about those. I did however work the file for hours in photoshop until I was satisfied with it.

Here's my modified file.
12597024_10205616150145252_1620204443_o.jpg

I ordered it to be printed today, so it should arrive in about a month.:)

I'm doing the mask separate this time, and I will also add forearm zippers.

Just like my previous one, I'm gonna cut the spider from urethane rubber and glue it on. Right now I'm working on the lenses, and for the boots I'm going to use Kung Fu slippers. I'm considering puffpainting the weblines black aswell to make them pop more, but we will see about that.

That's it for now, thanks for looking! Any feedback is appreciated :D

Attachments

• IMG_0321.JPG
    IMG_0321.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:
Re: Ly's Ultimate Spider-Man V2 build

I did this lens test on my old mask to see how things would work out. The frame is made from urethane rubber and the actual lens consits of two layers of kitchen splatter screens spray painted white. The thin urethane works very well as it forms to your face and is also sturdy. I'm still waiting for my new suit to arrive. Instead of splatter screens I will probably be purchasing some perforated vinyl. The weblines on my old mask are all over the place, not sure if that's the pattern or the sewing, but I hope the new one will look better.

12575748_10205609347055179_183736890_n.jpg
Sorry for the crappy pic btw.

Looks great! How's the visibility through the lens?

Visibility is pretty good:)

I will however use perforated vinyl instead since I like the look of it better. The lens looks very white in the pic mainly because of the bad quality. In person you can clearly see the mesh layers and it can be a little stiff when you glue the lenses on.

-------------------------------

Update

My suit has been printed and sewn. It will be shipped today so hopefully it will arrive within a week.:D

I asked for a pic of how it looks, and it looks very promising. The only nitpick is the blue could be just a tad darker, but it's no big deal since it varies alot in the comics. It's accurate anyway. The red looks perfect!

12782219_10205775853617739_340441306_n.jpg
Looks pretty spot on in comparison, so I'm definately satisfied with the colors.:D

Last edited:

Made some Web Shooters, all metal.
spider_man_web_shooters_by_lydude702-d9n34pq.jpg
They are not based off the Ultimate ones, because I couldn't find much reference. I have the issue where he makes them in his room, but they seem to be more of a watch with the web shooter attached to it. Anyway, didn't like the look of them too much and they would be a bit too bulky to wear under the suit. So I made some custom ones instead.

Here is how it looks underneath my old Zentai TASM2 suit glove, I just cut a small slit into it for the nozzle part.
12076919_10205787621471928_827927363_n.jpg
Feels really cool and they are pretty heavy. I might make more accurate ones later on.

I already had the web pack done a long time ago. It's a tupperware container wrapped in string, hot glue and spray painted white. I also brushed on some elmers glue to really keep it together.

IMG_1517.JPG

My suit arrived!

I honestly couldn't be happier with it, the colors are absolutely PERFECT!

I was a little worried the blue would be a bit too light, but it was just the lighting in the pic that ZZone sent me. I feel like I really nailed the colors on New Blood's pattern. I will take better pics later.

12788081_10205816840242379_752819772_n.jpg

12576082_10205816817081800_1289830049_n.jpg
12788183_10205816840562387_876690679_n.jpg
:D

Re: Ly's Mark Bagley Style Ultimate Spider-Man V2 build

A few people have been working on Bagley prints it seems...I saw two pop up on facebook. Yours looks alot like the T Shirt I have (which I like alot) only thing is you have shades and shadows in the blue areas but not the red...it makes the one area feel flat.

Honestly the changes you've made to the pattern is an improvement to say the least. It's coming out great man! :)

A few people have been working on Bagley prints it seems...I saw two pop up on facebook. Yours looks alot like the T Shirt I have (which I like alot) only thing is you have shades and shadows in the blue areas but not the red...it makes the one area feel flat.
Thank you. I chose to leave the red almost flat. There is a little bit of muscle shading, but it's very subtle. It actually came out just how I wanted it :)

Honestly the changes you've made to the pattern is an improvement to say the least. It's coming out great man! :)
Thanks alot Dan! I solved the orange color issue by exporting the file as JPEG instead. For some reason both PDF and TIF turned orange once uploaded to drive. I also left the red untouched but toned the muscle shading down a bit. Thanks alot for the help, and for making this project possible. :)

Also if possible would you mind not sharing the modified pattern? I really wanted to make a unique suit, but you are free to do what you want to, of course. Would really appreciate it though.

Last edited:

I bet it shows up better in person? Either way it looks great. Was thinking about picking up the one that I saw from arachnid studios I think?

I bet it shows up better in person? Either way it looks great. Was thinking about picking up the one that I saw from arachnid studios I think?

Thanks man! It isn't all too visible, so I probably toned it down a bit too much. Either way I'm happy with it. :)

Dying to see Brandon's pattern printed, it looks spot on. He makes great dye sub patterns, too bad zentai-zentai stole them already.

Amazing!!!!!!!!!
I'm a huge fan of the lens design you went with!!!!!! Suit looks on point Buddy, you killed it!

Aight, it has been two weeks since my latest update.

I cut the chest spider from 1mm urethane rubber and glued it on. Unfortunately I didn't get it quite as perfectly placed as on my previous suit. It's straight but not perfectly aligned with the webbing. I guess I went a bit too fast but I guess it looks decent still. I'll just say it's more accurate since it isn't always perfect in the comics:rolleyes worst excuse ever I know.

Anyone is free to say it looks fine so I can sleep better lol

Pics
12895321_10205998673788104_1945327720_n.jpg
12498924_10205998673668101_1898437804_n.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back