Luke Skywalker ANH crystal chamber reveal lightsaber, cheapo hardware version :)

Cody1138

Hey Kids,
I really love the look of the reveal lightsabers, but sadly I do not have the disposable income to buy one from a "master maker" or to be crazy elaborate with one. So I decided to try out a hardware version with minimum purchasing, to see what I could craft. I used Lego, hard drive parts and metal tubing mostly. It's a bit crude, but hey I like it and it cost less than $5 to make since I had most of the stuff. I was inspired by the works of The Schlitzie, Luke the Belter, and others. The graflex is a Parks.
Luke ANH reveal lightsaber.jpg
Luke ANH reveal lightsaber (2).jpg
Luke ANH reveal lightsaber (3).jpg
Luke ANH reveal lightsaber (4).jpg

Hi.

I love it. You say it is a little bit crude but something so "crude" adds so much to your display.

I'm just curious about what Lego parts you've used and for what?

I'm glad I inspired you ;) it turned out really cool.

Howdy,
As far as the lego parts, I used 4 minifigure lightsabers, 4 telescopes and some Technic connectors. The crystal "housing" is some rubber hose connectors.

Hi,
Thanks for the comments. There isn't much to "tutor" on this piece :), I just slapped some parts together with glue, I didn't really have much of a plan, just fiddled with some parts to see what I liked. The lego parts are all glued together on a rod, the hose connector are glued to fender washers (1 3/8 OD) and the hard drive spindle. The crystal is just sitting there :lol. The light source is one of those kid flashlight ring things with a blue LED.
That's about it really.
I had in mind doing something with a speaker grill for the chamber housing, but I couldn't find what I wanted.
I am really considering doing a reveal for my Obi Wan and Vader, but the Vader is going to be tricky since it doesn't split in the middle like the other two :confused

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back