Luke Skywalker ANH crystal chamber reveal lightsaber, cheapo hardware version :)

Cody1138

Hey Kids,
I really love the look of the reveal lightsabers, but sadly I do not have the disposable income to buy one from a "master maker" or to be crazy elaborate with one. So I decided to try out a hardware version with minimum purchasing, to see what I could craft. I used Lego, hard drive parts and metal tubing mostly. It's a bit crude, but hey I like it and it cost less than $5 to make since I had most of the stuff. I was inspired by the works of The Schlitzie, Luke the Belter, and others. The graflex is a Parks.
Luke ANH reveal lightsaber.jpg
Luke ANH reveal lightsaber (2).jpg
Luke ANH reveal lightsaber (3).jpg
Luke ANH reveal lightsaber (4).jpg

Luke the Belter

Hi.

I love it. You say it is a little bit crude but something so "crude" adds so much to your display.

I'm just curious about what Lego parts you've used and for what?

I'm glad I inspired you ;) it turned out really cool.

Cody1138

Howdy,
As far as the lego parts, I used 4 minifigure lightsabers, 4 telescopes and some Technic connectors. The crystal "housing" is some rubber hose connectors.

Cody1138

Hi,
Thanks for the comments. There isn't much to "tutor" on this piece :), I just slapped some parts together with glue, I didn't really have much of a plan, just fiddled with some parts to see what I liked. The lego parts are all glued together on a rod, the hose connector are glued to fender washers (1 3/8 OD) and the hard drive spindle. The crystal is just sitting there :lol. The light source is one of those kid flashlight ring things with a blue LED.
That's about it really.
I had in mind doing something with a speaker grill for the chamber housing, but I couldn't find what I wanted.
I am really considering doing a reveal for my Obi Wan and Vader, but the Vader is going to be tricky since it doesn't split in the middle like the other two :confused

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.