LUKE ROTJ Lightsaber

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

russrep

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys can any 1 help or tell me where I can get a tri ring for a LUKE ROTJ Lightsaber ???

Thanks
Russ.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Sporak

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
I made one out a piece of coat hanger wire. Polish it before bending.

I think theres a commercial Brass one out there, but I don't know off hand where to get one.

Originally posted by russrep@Mar 2 2006, 03:35 PM
Hi guys can any 1 help or tell me where I can get a tri ring for a LUKE ROTJ Lightsaber ???

Thanks
Russ.
[snapback]1197390[/snapback]​

Rabittooth

Someone posted here once that they went into their Mom's kitchen and found the perfect tri-ring on the end of one of her pot handles.

-Rabittooth

FETTCLONE

If you live anywhere near a Lee Valley store they have a wire bending jig which could end your need for square, d-, and tri-rings pretty quickly. Costs about $7.00 or so, just go to their website (www.leevalley.com) and search for "wire bender". Cheap, fast, and your own near limitless supply.

DarthCalibar

I know you already found some, but if anyone needs to know they have an assortment of them on hose sprayer/nozzles/squirters. Not sure if they are the right size but they have nozzles just about everywhere, and i thought that might be a little easier than ordering them.

foxbatkllr

Sr Member
I still need one actually. Not sure what size is correct. I can't seem to find just one. I tried Michaels with no luck. All the online places just seem to sell them in bulk.

russrep

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Found what I was looking for , here it is attached to the saber.. Got 2 of these blanks if any 1 is interested?

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/rotj.JPG[/image]
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/rotj1.JPG[/image]
Thanks
Russ.

GrenadeKing

Sr Member
Right. It was probably just nickle plated or just a peice of steel wire bent to fit. I made mine the same way but out of aluminum. Good contrast to the dark color of the solid steel saber I made though...

lesternessman

Did you machine that? Are you going to making these sabers as well as your v2, Russ, or is this just a one time project or something that needed your finishing touch?

russrep

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi mate thanks. I am keeping 1 for my self but have 2, and 1 half finished so call it 3 left over. :)
I might do a few after xmas if theres some people interested?
Russ

russrep

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
That saber in pic is for sale if any 1 is interested, Its polished now as well :)
Russ