LUKE ROTJ Lightsaber

russrep

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi guys can any 1 help or tell me where I can get a tri ring for a LUKE ROTJ Lightsaber ???

Thanks
Russ.

I made one out a piece of coat hanger wire. Polish it before bending.

I think theres a commercial Brass one out there, but I don't know off hand where to get one.

Originally posted by russrep@Mar 2 2006, 03:35 PM
Hi guys can any 1 help or tell me where I can get a tri ring for a LUKE ROTJ Lightsaber ???

Thanks
Russ.
[snapback]1197390[/snapback]​

Someone posted here once that they went into their Mom's kitchen and found the perfect tri-ring on the end of one of her pot handles.

-Rabittooth

If you live anywhere near a Lee Valley store they have a wire bending jig which could end your need for square, d-, and tri-rings pretty quickly. Costs about $7.00 or so, just go to their website (www.leevalley.com) and search for "wire bender". Cheap, fast, and your own near limitless supply.

I know you already found some, but if anyone needs to know they have an assortment of them on hose sprayer/nozzles/squirters. Not sure if they are the right size but they have nozzles just about everywhere, and i thought that might be a little easier than ordering them.

I still need one actually. Not sure what size is correct. I can't seem to find just one. I tried Michaels with no luck. All the online places just seem to sell them in bulk.

Found what I was looking for , here it is attached to the saber.. Got 2 of these blanks if any 1 is interested?

[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/rotj.JPG[/image]
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/rotj1.JPG[/image]
Thanks
Russ.

Right. It was probably just nickle plated or just a peice of steel wire bent to fit. I made mine the same way but out of aluminum. Good contrast to the dark color of the solid steel saber I made though...

Did you machine that? Are you going to making these sabers as well as your v2, Russ, or is this just a one time project or something that needed your finishing touch?

Hi mate thanks. I am keeping 1 for my self but have 2, and 1 half finished so call it 3 left over. :)
I might do a few after xmas if theres some people interested?
Russ

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back