Luke/ Han Bespin Blaster help Needed!!

aljf

Sr Member
HELP :cry I need any reference pix's or replica :D of the Left side of Luke/ Han's Bespin blaster. Were Part # 84 was placed above the trigger Left side or Right :confused and was Part #98 ( Motor Coil ) placed on the blaster, and for the last piece were the Pistons placed before they fell off vertical of horizontal ??

Thanks,
aljf :confused

Part #84 was placed toward the left. The wire connector is on the right, with the square bolt. Part 84 is held down with either a rivet or allen head bolt.

The motor coil part was placed on the Han Hoth and Bespin blaster (shoot vader). I think it was flipped around on the Bespin version, so that "Motor" is facing the trigger and "coil" is facing the hammer.

If you're making the Bespin version, I wouldn't worry about the piston halves. Just leave them off.

I've seen some good photos of the Bespin version (People Magazine) and I didn't see any residue or marks left from the piston halves.

There was a theory floating around for a while that piston halves were glued on to the side of the Luke blaster while filming the Degobah scenes. Those piston halves were glued on vertically. In fact, this can be seen on the stunt version....which in my opion, sucks. It just isn't much to look at. :/

Any way, those piston halves fell off once the prop was holstered. It's one reason why they were left off for the rest of the film (Bespin scenes).

Vince - There is no part #84 on the Hoth version or square bolt.

The #84 is left of center on the Bespin version (about 1/4 inch from the front edge of the recessed area).
There is NO motor/coil piece on the Bespin version.
I also would not include the piston halves. I have never found a pic of them on that blaster anywhere. I agree that they would have been vertical like the stunt but it seems they fell off before production. In early preproduction pics there's only a faint outline which I'm GUESSING was the piston halves.

Originally posted by lonepigeon@Jan 30 2006, 05:42 PM
Vince - There is no part #84 on the Hoth version or square bolt.

The #84 is left of center on the Bespin version (about 1/4 inch from the front edge of the recessed area).
There is NO motor/coil piece on the Bespin version.
I also would not include the piston halves. I have never found a pic of them on that blaster anywhere. I agree that they would have been vertical like the stunt but it seems they fell off before production. In early preproduction pics there's only a faint outline which I'm GUESSING was the piston halves.
[snapback]1172058[/snapback]​

Which way do you face part # 84 like this
v8_part84.gif
:unsure :unsure

Thanks aljf :confused

Do you have to turn the the sight adjustment denix range finder button, so it faces the right on the bespin blaster or is the left correct?

Thanks
aljf :confused

Aw, you're using a Denix. Denix is the only one that made some of the adjustment knobs for the rear sight on the left. It's easy to pop off and reverse so it's on the right side.

The part you have pictured should face opposite of how you have it posted.

Flip it around in the other direction and you're good. :)

()=

I just checked another People Magazine photo of that Bespin blaster. You're right. There isn't a motor/coil part on it. There's definitely some thing above that trigger, though.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back