Luke ESB display in its infancy

MR BARLOW

Well, I have a costume already and Ill use the fx saber when the time comes, but for now I have to tackle the tough parts :).
The sculpts still being finished up . My painting on the head will reflect the wonderful beating he took from Darth Vader ( Before he we knew he used to be a big crybaby :lol )

lukes1.jpg

lukes2.jpg

Watcha think ?

B

:ninja

It looks great....not sure it really looks like Mark Hamil, but an awesome sculpt nontheless...I love the idea of the real hair also. Kudos. I think it would be awesome to give them an expression...all the sculpts I see are usually expressionless, which also makes them look unreal or stoned. Sorry if this offends. I'm just trying to give some critical advice.

Steveo

off to a great start bud. I'd have to look at ESB refs to give any detailed critique, but IMO, the face looks close. Mouth and nose in particular look like the way I picture ESB Hamill. Eyes aren't grabbin me as Hamill's yet, but that could be the iris size (which looks big in the pics... I have the same problem with one set of eyes I often sculpt over.)

I think that's adding to the "stoned" look Steve mentioned. Add normal sized iris's and they'd be less covered by the upper lid, and less "stoned" lookin.

Oh and that wig looks really good man. No wonder you're going with real hair.

Tom

Thanks all ,

Eyes aren't grabbin me as Hamill's yet, but that could be the iris size (which looks big in the pics... I have the same problem with one set of eyes I often sculpt over.)

Thats exactly what these are Tom, good eye .. ( pun intended) The eye size is human size , but the iris size is definately large, but whatever, I dont make em...
The wig isnt exactly his hair, it just speeds things along for me as far as sculpting.

Its still in progress, I might change the expression slightly but aside from the lack of eyebags, the facial expression emulates the Luke head in Vader helmet expression from the Degobah sequence, which I also plan on using this head for.

:)

B

Mark Hamill has always been the hardest of all likenesses to capture....just ask Kenner/Hasbro who have been making an arse of it for years.
The likeness of your bust is very good, but we need to see it finished....

Good work, commander.

Thanks .

Yeah Mark has alot of tweaks after his accident, very assymetrical things going on with his face.
I have some better ref picts now, Im reworking a few things .
I need to see it finished too :lol

B :thumbsup

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back