Low-Cost Vertical FX Saber Hangers

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by BoBoDohn, Nov 2, 2005.

1. BoBoDohn

BoBoDohn Well-Known Member

I posted this low cost alternative over at Rebelscum and thought I'd also share it here :)

You'll need the items pictured below... A pack of adhesive picture hangers, a pack of clear tiny rubber bands, and loose key rings (one for each saber hilt... the 2" ring fits the ANH Vader and Luke ROTJ nicely).
    [​IMG]

Now, measure and mount the lower hanger, following the directions on the hangers' package...
    [​IMG]
    Once the lower hanger is mounted, measure up and afix the upper hanger for the blade.

Then slide the key ring over the lower hanger...
    [​IMG]

The hilt fits in like so...
    [​IMG]

Now, slide a couple rubber bands over the top of the blade and into the upper hanger (I recommend using at least two rubber bands for a secure hold)...
    [​IMG]

And there you have it...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The sabers can easily be pulled off the wall for play. You may have to replace the rubber bands every now and then, but you get plenty in a pack :)

Hope that helps.

2. AndySertin

AndySertin Well-Known Member

Thanks dude, well with in my budget and it's vert.... Right on.

3. hunky_artist

hunky_artist Well-Known Member

absolutely fabulous.. and so much better on the eye than some of the bulky plastic holders we're seeing lately. well done ;)

4. rocketeer25

rocketeer25 Sr Member

Very creative approach. :thumbsup Looks perfect :)

Are you concerned at all about the tape on the back of the hangers not sticking very well? Seems like a lot of weight for the little tab of tape...

Lonnie

5. Darth Lars

Darth Lars Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That display idea is brilliant. :thumbsup

Some bulky plastic hangers were posted on ASAP recently, but I like this one better. :)

6. KnightAsylum

KnightAsylum Sr Member

Great suggestion thanks. I was hanging mine in a similar fassion with piture frame hooks and fishing wire, but your suggestion is "more professional looking" and earier to take down from the wall.
    THANKS. :D

7. poopsko24

poopsko24 New Member

perfect......... thanx

8. BoBoDohn

The tabs are suppose to hold like 20 lbs or something like that. I did have a scare once where the rubber band holding the blade broke and I walked in to find my saber on the floor. No damage done, but that's why I recommend using a couple rubber bands up there ;)

9. poopsko24

poopsko24 New Member

I would think I'd be more concerned with the bottom tab holding against onto the wall.

10. BoBoDohn

Those tabs are really strong. In fact, when I moved my sabers from upstairs to my newly finished basement, one of the bottom ones took paint off the wall (even though they're advertised as being safe for paint) :p

11. poopsko24

poopsko24 New Member

alrighty then, you had me sold at the 1st post....

12. Gytheran

Gytheran Sr Member