Low-Cost Vertical FX Saber Hangers

BoBoDohn

I posted this low cost alternative over at Rebelscum and thought I'd also share it here :)

You'll need the items pictured below... A pack of adhesive picture hangers, a pack of clear tiny rubber bands, and loose key rings (one for each saber hilt... the 2" ring fits the ANH Vader and Luke ROTJ nicely).
fx_hang01.JPG

Now, measure and mount the lower hanger, following the directions on the hangers' package...
fx_hang02.JPG

Once the lower hanger is mounted, measure up and afix the upper hanger for the blade.

Then slide the key ring over the lower hanger...
fx_hang03.JPG

The hilt fits in like so...
fx_hang04.JPG

Now, slide a couple rubber bands over the top of the blade and into the upper hanger (I recommend using at least two rubber bands for a secure hold)...
fx_hang05.JPG

And there you have it...
fx_hang06.JPG

141_4166_r1.jpg

The sabers can easily be pulled off the wall for play. You may have to replace the rubber bands every now and then, but you get plenty in a pack :)

Hope that helps.

Very creative approach. :thumbsup Looks perfect :)

Are you concerned at all about the tape on the back of the hangers not sticking very well? Seems like a lot of weight for the little tab of tape...

Lonnie

Great suggestion thanks. I was hanging mine in a similar fassion with piture frame hooks and fishing wire, but your suggestion is "more professional looking" and earier to take down from the wall.
THANKS. :D

Originally posted by rocketeer25@Nov 2 2005, 11:15 AM
Very creative approach.  :thumbsup  Looks perfect  :)

Are you concerned at all about the tape on the back of the hangers not sticking very well?  Seems like a lot of weight for the little tab of tape...

Lonnie
[snapback]1108345[/snapback]​

The tabs are suppose to hold like 20 lbs or something like that. I did have a scare once where the rubber band holding the blade broke and I walked in to find my saber on the floor. No damage done, but that's why I recommend using a couple rubber bands up there ;)

Originally posted by poopsko24@Nov 2 2005, 06:18 PM
I would think I'd be more concerned with the bottom tab holding against onto the wall.
[snapback]1108641[/snapback]​

Those tabs are really strong. In fact, when I moved my sabers from upstairs to my newly finished basement, one of the bottom ones took paint off the wall (even though they're advertised as being safe for paint) :p

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back