Lord Of The Rings Elven Armor

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by GeneralMayhem, Dec 2, 2005.

1. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

2. Lello999

Lello999 Well-Known Member

HI there

Does the colour match the UC helmet?

Thanks a lot

Domenik

3. firesprite

firesprite Master Member

Wow, absolutely gorgeous and a fantastic price. Now I need to lose weight so I could pass for an elf. ;) :lol

4. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

I get asked this question a lot by customers, and the answer is yes, customers who own the helmet and shield say the color is an appropriate match for the UC items. We will also be offering the cloak and kilt/pantaloons to match soon.

~ GM

5. SmilingOtter

SmilingOtter Master Member

Yet ANOTHER thing to save money for... Very nice work.

6. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

having put one of these things together myself, its a pretty fair price for all the work involved. Good luck . Glad to see another elven armorour around .

7. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Here they are, matching capes for the armor, available in a range of colors...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Details and color samples here: Elven Warrior Cape

~ General Mayhem

8. Scott

Scott New Member

Wow, I'm incredibly impressed... if I ever get my sword made, I'd definitely have to start saving for a set of this to go with it.

9. allosaur176

allosaur176 Sr Member

Thats too cool, great job.... :thumbsup

10. hansoloway

hansoloway New Member

Nice job. Elven Armor is my next project, but I'm gonna be building this puppy myself. May be interested in the soft parts though.

11. Guri

Guri Sr Member

beautiful.

Guri

12. Lello999

Lello999 Well-Known Member

Very nice indeed.

Domenik

13. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

As promised, here are the kilt and pants to complete the set, in custom dyed cotton velvet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~ General Mayhem

14. Red Five

Red Five Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GeneralMayhem @ Dec 2 2005, 08:45 PM) [snapback]1127346[/snapback]</div>
    ...and I thought I'd celebrate my "100th Post" by sharing the work YOU did & do on this Elven Armor project.
    I remember when (way back "when") you were just drawing this out and, also, when you were making the first cuts on your prototype costume. Thanks for introducing me to everyone & everyTHING here at the RPF.

15. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Glad I could usher you into the "big picture".

;)

16. Admiral Vaughn

Admiral Vaughn Well-Known Member

Awesome Armor..

Would love to see it all on an elf :)

~Russ

17. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Elves are so hard to find these days. But my friend Fritzie was happy to model it for us...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

~ GM

18. Bob Gaussington

Bob Gaussington New Member

What is the armor made from? I've seen examples made with everything from cardboard to steel.

19. Admiral Vaughn

Admiral Vaughn Well-Known Member

It looks Amazing. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Thanks Fritzie.. :p

~Russ

20. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Active Member

Absolutely beautiful. It looks very close match to the UC stuff, I absolutely love it.. This is bound to be popular.

I've always loved the Elves, but it's only recently that I've realised I could actually make the armour. I've been on a bit of an armour kick lately, so I've decided to add the third age (helm's deep) armour to my to-do list :D

21. Darth Kahnt

Darth Kahnt Sr Member

Wow, great armor. And great modelling by Fritzie. :)

22. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle New Member

Heehee.....I still got your patterns for the armor tho' I'm sure it's not as good compared to your latest improved versions. ;) They looked a LOT better and more closer to the original IMHO.

Great job done there. :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Last_Chael @ Dec 6 2006, 10:36 AM) [snapback]1372636[/snapback]</div>
    Let me see, I had been on it for.....2 years? :eek: The Vest and Underskirt been hanging on my wardrobe since I did them 2 years ago. Seriously with my shape, I feel like putting it off for another year and just do the Elven Warrior first since I need it next Dec 2007 for my planned "Armored LOTR Characters" Group. :p Strangely, Elven Warrior feels more easier to do for me compared to the Elven Archers.

23. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Thanks. The armor is made from high impact plastic finished to look like metal, like the ones in the film, with real leather strapping and trim. Very time consuming to cut, paint, and assemble, but very light and wearable.

I had to take the patterns down from my website when I started making copies to sell, and I've changed them considerably since the original prototype, which I had to sell to pay a vet bill when my dog was hit by a car. Lots of subtle changes to make it closer to the originals after additional research.

I'll be making a set completely in leather for a customer this spring, finished in green and gold just like this version, only with armor grade leather for the lames instead of plastic. Should be fun to make, but I don't envy the person who's going to wear it, I know how much heavier it's going to be compared to the 10 lb plastic version.

:D

~ GM

24. Hitogiri

Hitogiri Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very nice work, and I'd say its a great price for the amount of work that takes.

25. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Darth_Eagle @ Dec 7 2006, 02:38 AM) [snapback]1372748[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah a friend of mine is trying to put together a LotR group, and I was trying to decide what to do for it. I want to make Arwen's Chase (I have the suede) or a few of Eowyn's dresses, but there are others whom I know already have these costumes. So I figured instead of putting it off, why not do the armour.

The second age elven warrior armour is pretty awesome. My friend was trying to convince me to do that with him. But There's something about the colours and the style of the third age archers that I just love. It does look harder, I admit, but I love a challenge.. :D I can't wait to start on it. I'd love to see yours when you're finished.

26. gnrlotto

gnrlotto Sr Member

Holy moley that's a whole lot of sexy right there. That armor is fantastic. :eek

27. Got Maul

Got Maul Official Licensee RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

28. GeneralMayhem

GeneralMayhem Sr Member

Beautifully done. I must find the time to attempt a set some day.

29. Hangar18Studios

Hangar18Studios Well-Known Member

Fantastic. One of my favorite costume designs from the trilogy.
    Scott