Looking for some TIE Helmet & Republic cog decals

JediCarl

I am looking to ordered some vinyl decals and patches from TK-1010 (FJ Harris) from the Order Form on his website (LINK) . However, the Order Form is dated 2003 and he has not yet responded to an email I sent a few days ago. I just wanted to make sure that he's still "in business" and doing the decals before I send off my order... especially since I would like to receive them within about 3-4 weeks.

He's still linked from TK409's site, so I assume he's still doing this. But naturally I'd like to make sure before I send off a M.O.

Has anyone ordered from him lately? If so, what's the turnaround time like?

I guess I should say exactly what it is I am looking for:

I am modding a Rubies TIE Pilot helmet for someone. As most of you know, the mold is decent but the bucket itself is typical Rubies and made in that crappy PVC-like material. Also, there is NO detailed trim aside from badly painted Imperial Cogs. Well, I am completely repainting the helmet, adding new lenses, cutting out the frown and adding mesh, etc. As part of this I am looking for a complete set of TIE Pilot decals to trim it with one exception: I need 3" silver REPUBLIC cogs instead of Imperial ones.

So if anyone knows where I can get a set of replacement TIE decals and some Republic cogs (in silver or even white) it would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

It is possible to make decent decals on your own, requires a bit of artistic skill.

I was going to order decals from TK-1010 but if I can't pay with credit card or paypal.. Well I'm not so good with sending checks. So I made my own. I did up the design in corel draw and reversed printed them, then spray mounted them to the back side of a sheet of white vinyl sticker paper. I got the vinyl sticker paper in a craft store next to the vinyl letters. Amazingly the stuff takes spay paint beautifully. I painted it grey, cut out the shapes and added pin striping for the details.

Here's the results on my scout helmet.

BS_front.jpg

BS_back.jpg

BS_side.jpg

Bluewolf, that is damn impressive work there, sir. :thumbsup Unfortunately, I have neither the skill or the patience to do something like that myself. I'm much better and weathering than producing precise stuff like that. :p

Anyway, thanks for the advice and links so far. Keep 'em coming.

I guess I should say exactly what it is I am looking for:

I am modding a Rubies TIE Pilot helmet for someone. As most of you know, the mold is decent but the bucket itself is typical Rubies and made in that crappy PVC-like material. Also, there is NO detailed trim aside from badly painted Imperial Cogs. Well, I am completely repainting the helmet, adding new lenses, cutting out the frown and adding mesh, etc. As part of this I am looking for a complete set of TIE Pilot decals to trim it with one exception: I need 3" silver REPUBLIC cogs instead of Imperial ones.

So if anyone knows where I can get a set of replacement TIE decals and some Republic cogs (in silver or even white) it would be MUCH appreciated.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back