Looking for Photos of SS X-Wing Kits

Junk Pilot

Sr Member
Hi all,
I'm wondering if people here can indulge me a little with something.

I re-read the thread about the history of the Capatin Cardboard X-Wing and found it a fascinating read and it got me interested in the other SS X-Wings. Now I'm looking for some hi-res photographs of any SS X-Wing kits that have been produced over the years. These include:

Estes Maxi-Brute X-Wing
Captain Cardboard V1
Salzo (aka CC V2)
Salzo V3 and 3.1
Frank Cerney's Pyro
Poseiden Young
Art2 Models (X-Wing Revisited)

Hopefully, I haven't missed any but I would not be surprised if I have.

I would like to get multiple photos of the different parts if possible but I also suspect people might think I'm going to use these photos for some sinister purpose but that is not the case. My aim here is really to kill my curiosity but I also want to know how different they are from each other with perhaps building whatever I can get into a document showcasing the genesis of each one.

Thanks

Hmm, didn't you start the the thread above which includes just about every SS X-Wing thread on the board? Oh well, I 'll throw this in for you. It's my Salzo V2.

lol yes I did, but not all the posts have images like the one you have posted and that is the sort I am looking for. Do you have a higher res image you could email me?

No, sorry that's it. I bought the kit off ebay and copied the picture. I never took a pic before building the kit.

This knocks around what you're asking about. Not full kits though.

Maxi Brute

FX Toy

Captain Cardboard

looking-photos-ss-x-wing-kits-feb-25-012.jpg-88476d1332687130

Thanks Rob. The Maxi-Brute is interesting because there is a slight undercut (for want of a better word) that is similar, and not as pronounced, to that of the AMT model.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back