Looking for Gear from "The Warriors"

extreme_too2

I'm a huge fan of the flick "The Warriors" and was wondering if anybody had any leads on the leather vests the Warriors wore. Or maybe one of the jerseys as worn by the infamous Baseball Furies.

Can you dig it?

"I'm a huge fan of the flick "The Warriors"..."

You and me both. ;)

I've got the patches of the Warriors AND the jersey the Furies wear along with a leather baseball cap like they wear as well. I can't remember the place I bought the patches from but they offered the vest as well. As for the Furies jersey and cap, you can find them on ebay from time to time. LOVE the Furies jersey.

-B89. :D

"WarRiOrs,.. Come out and....PLAY ."

Fro Pics, Bell Bottoms,.. Denim Vests,... Switch Blades...

Loved it...

The Lords of Flatbush.. Sweet.
Hollywood Knights......... Funny..
Outsiders......mmmm Gay .

Baby Arm,
Snoose

<div class='quotetop'>(DarkLordSalvo @ Jun 15 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]1262277[/snapback]</div>
You might want to invite the "The Orphans" to this thread or you'll hurt their feelings. :D
[/b]

"They're so far down, they ain't even on the map." :)

So, there are folks out there making reproductions, just nobody remembers who they are?

Rough.

That's where I got my patches from. They did a great re-pro job on them. I didn't get the vest 'cause $200 seemed a little steep for something I would get a lot of wear out of. :)

A buddy of mine who works for the Austin Drafthouse ( a big movie theatre chain here in Austin) is helping reproduce the vests for an upcoming Warriors event. They plan being very faithful whille keeping the cost down to a reasonable level. I think he said they were going to shoot for the 100 dollar mark.

One funny thing, he said that while researching the vest they found that the original vest had incredibly tiny arm holes in order to make the wearer look tougher. Parantly that's one spot they are going to slightly change from the original to make it more real world friendly.

Can't wait

Nick

Those look pretty cool, but the vests do look pricey.
It'd be interesting to hear more about the Warriors event in Austin too and what's going down exactly. The vest reproduction project certainly sounds exciting.

My faves have to be the Baseball Furies tho: :)

BaseballFuries.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(nick daring @ Jun 16 2006, 10:58 PM) [snapback]1262874[/snapback]</div>
A buddy of mine who works for the Austin Drafthouse ( a big movie theatre chain here in Austin) is helping reproduce the vests for an upcoming Warriors event. They plan being very faithful whille keeping the cost down to a reasonable level. I think he said they were going to shoot for the 100 dollar mark.

One funny thing, he said that while researching the vest they found that the original vest had incredibly tiny arm holes in order to make the wearer look tougher. Parantly that's one spot they are going to slightly change from the original to make it more real world friendly.

Can't wait

Nick
[/b]

Are they going to be making them to sell to the public, or just for the people participating in the actual event?

I just saw this and thought it warranted bumping this thread:

http://www.originalalamo.com/rrs/fra...p?show_id=3832

Age Policy: 18 and up; Children 6 and up will be allowed only with a parent or guardian. No children under the age of 6 will be allowed.

THE SCREENING
Screening Location: Asser Levy Park, Coney Island, NY Google Map
Screening Time: 8:30
This screening is free, seating is first come first serve.

Live in person: Deborah Van Valkenburgh (Mercy), Michael Beck (Swan), David Harris (Cochise), Terry Michos (Vermin), Brian Tyler (Snow), Thomas G. Waites (Fox), Dorsey Wright (Cleon) and Tom McKitterick (Cowboy).

In The Warriors, Cyrus, the leader of the Grammercy Riffs, the largest gang in the city, plots an all-out battle against the police. As part of his strategy he calls upon Gotham's gangs to set aside their turf wars and join forces at a conclave in the Bronx.

In the movie, a rival leader kills Cyrus and the Coney Island gang called "The Warriors" is wrongly blamed for his death. Quickly, the cops and every gang in the city are after the Warriors. In the film, the Warriors make their way from one end of New York to their home turf back in Coney Island. So, too, will your gang run the gauntlet, traversing the length of the city on the subway if you choose to join "the Warriors Subway Scavenger Hunt"

BEFORE THE SCREENING:
Subway Scavenger Hunt
Meeting Location: 97th Street and Riverside Park (the filming location of the conclave) Google Map
Meeting time: 1 p.m.

Teams can sign up in groups of nine delegates. All participants are requested to be in full "colors", just as gang members are in the film. The heir to Cyrus will be there to kick off the rally and give your team instructions. The team that arrives at the screening location first with all aspects of the scavenger hunt completed wins.

Prizes:
Brunch on Thursday August 3rd with some of the original Warriors, and a set of nine leather Warriors vests.

For rules, details and how to sign up for the Warriors Subway Scavenger Hunt, click here.

AFTER THE SCREENING: Members of the cast and crew will conduct a Q&A. Confirmed cast members are Deborah Van Valkenburgh (Mercy) , Michael Beck (Swan), David Harris (Cochise), Terry Michos (Vermin), Brian Tyler (Snow), Dorsey Wright (Cleon), Tom McKitterick (Cowboy), and Thomas G. Waites (Fox). Stay tuned for more confirmations.

If anyone knows how to find PAUL GRECO or ROGER HILL, please have them contact kier-la@originalalamo.com
Special thanks to Deborah Van Valkenburgh and John Zurhellen from ROCKSTAR GAMES who assisted in the Warriors search.

Showings (click on a show time to buy tickets): Wednesday, August 2
8:30 pm

-Aaron

<div class='quotetop'>(Lukes Roommate @ Jul 20 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]1284647[/snapback]</div>
Rent the Warriors game for the Xbox, it's awesome and drips with atmosphere from the film.
Pretty brutal too ;)
[/b]

Got it the day it came out, brotha'. Got the action figures, too. I am a "Warriors" loving sumbitch, I tellya what.

-Aaron

Check this out: own Cochise's vest
There are also some repros on Ebay/

I just rented the "Director's Cut"... nice featurettes. One thing about watching the movie as a kid, being reminded of it everytime I watched 3-2-1 Contact.

<div class='quotetop'>(BatDemon @ Jul 20 2006, 11:59 PM) [snapback]1284790[/snapback]</div>
Check this out: own Cochise's vest
There are also some repros on Ebay/

I just rented the "Director's Cut"... nice featurettes. One thing about watching the movie as a kid, being reminded of it everytime I watched 3-2-1 Contact.
[/b]

Wow, that's awesome...

$4,000 is a little too rich for me, though. Well, A LOT too rich.

-Aaron

4k, yeah tell me about it. The color looks off, but it's probably due to the films lighting. The repros are always a darker shade..

<div class='quotetop'>(BatDemon @ Jul 21 2006, 03:42 PM) [snapback]1285152[/snapback]</div>
4k, yeah tell me about it. The color looks off, but it's probably due to the films lighting. The repros are always a darker shade..
[/b]

Did you see that the patches are repros, not the original ones? To me, it's the patches that MAKE the vest. If I'm payong $4000 + for something, it'd better ALL be original. ;)

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back