Looking for Fabric to use for Wilfred costume

Karmac

this halloween I want an excuse to be a complete duche to everyone so I thought I'd dress up as Wilfred the dog, I don't mind sewing it and have a pattern that will work. I'm just struggling to find a good fabric to use that looks like wilfred's.

I'd like to keep the cost below $10 a yard for a near match, if you found something that was really spot on I'd be willing to spend more. but I've checked out a few sites and am struggling. anyone else making a wilfred costume that has had success with a various fabric?

I'm looking for the same thing. I did find some different fake fur materials at JoAnn Fabrics that looked like they could work. It was all $14 a yard, which is more than you wanted to spend, but they have % off coupons in their flyers and they mark stuff down randomly all of the time. The day I was there all the fabric was 40% off. I also know from past experience that 1 type of fabric, regardless the size of the piece you buy is 1 item for those 25% off 1 item deals.

Do you mind if I ask where you found a pattern you are happy with?

Good Luck

Yes, please, would you mind sharing the pattern? I'm needing to get started pretty quickly if I'm wanting to make this costume for my husband this year. :) Thanks!

Just throwing this out there guys for the pattern, I'm sure you could use a onesie pj pattern and then attach the head portion with the ears.

I found some today at Joann fabrics for $8 a yard... It was 72" wide so i only needed 3 yards. Cheapest I've seen that is an exact match is about $28 a yard and was only 34" wide so you'd need six yards. Anyway I just pieced the costume together without a pattern... Took about 2 hours start to finish to make now I'm looking for a giant bear to bring with me to the Halloween parties.
wilfred_costume.JPG

I found some today at Joann fabrics for $8 a yard... It was 72" wide so i only needed 3 yards. Cheapest I've seen that is an exact match is about $28 a yard and was only 34" wide so you'd need six yards. Anyway I just pieced the costume together without a pattern... Took about 2 hours start to finish to make now I'm looking for a giant bear to bring with me to the Halloween parties.http://www.shillingdesign.com/images/wilfred_costume.JPG

Can you show a pic of finished costume?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back