Looking for E-11 with metal parts and electronics

PEEL1965

Hello all,
I am looking for someone that makes an E-11 out of a deact sterling with blast core or similar electronics. I live in Canada if that makes any difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Feel free to PM me here.

Do you have the deac. L2A3 already?
If not you might have serious problems getting one imported.

Your best choice would be to get a DoopyDoo kit from ebay and upgrade/ scratchbuild several parts in metal.

Markus

I do not have the deact sterling yet. From what I've heard it could be an issue. Looks like I may have to abandon this avenue. Thanks for the advice....

I've got a ton of other projects going on right now, but I built this from a Sterling parts set:
Aaronsgun010a_zpsf053a4ab.jpg

Aaronsgun028a_zps570e0534.jpg

Build thread (from day 1) here:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26960-e-11-steel-pipe-build/?p=341555

Completed photos here:
http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/29057-completed-e-11-photo-shoot/?p=369190

Yeah, pretty much abandon the plan about getting a real sterling...even a deactivated one. If you're good at metal working you could mill one out of raw stock but that could be a serious project. I tried to import real parts like the buttstock and the grip (technically non-firing components) but once the company found out I was from Canada, they cancelled the order.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
Ten years ago, I hand-made one almost entirely out of aluminium stock and epoxy using widely available patterns. Lots of work, though. The mag and mag well were especially difficult. Bending metal multiple when you don't have perfectly square shapes is not that easy to get right. More recently I build a mag/well out of plastic, and it was easier to glue sheets together at angles.

You don't need a mill for making the receiver to put resin parts onto. You could cut the openings with a drill, a dremel and some files. I didn't actually have a proper drill, and I used hand files much more than I used the dremel.

I already posted the link to the airsoft variants out there. There are more than one, each with its own imperfections, still ok if not able to get a deact. Sterling.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back