Looking for any Republic Commando pep files

D

Dozi86

Hey everyone, I am try to make a RC and was wondering if anyone has or know were to find some pep files?

Fierfek has some unfolds in the first post of his Star Wars pepakura thread, but no helmet or midsection or handplates or blaster or backpack. And the unfolds aren't 1:1. The shoulders I've worked out need to be upscaled from a letter-size print 137%, which is just enough to fit on 11"x17", being careful of margins, and the greaves (shins) by 120%.

For the greaves and the chest, I went to a local reprographics place so I could scale them up onto 22"x17" cardstock. The chest I scaled up to 152%, which matches the dimensions of the center reinforcing ridge on the vac-formed suits out there, but it ends up being a but too wide across the torso and I can't lower my arms to my sides. I'm torn between redoing it at a slightly smaller size (say 145%), or reshaping the sides after fiberglassing it to bring them in an inch or so. I'm scratch-building my handguards, and using the forearms and elbows I got from PA (B-pulls FTW). I'm only doing a partial suit, so I haven't done anything with the thigh armor. You'd have to experiment, there.

Also, with the chest, there are some bad unfolds (overlapping edges), so several pieces will need to be printed two or three times to compensate. I don't know how much experience you have with such issues, but I'd be glad to go through it point-by-point if it gives you headaches.

That's RPF-sourced and creator-attributed. One user over on the 405th has put up a compilation of all the files he'd found over the years, so neither he nor I can attribute original creators, and I haven't done anything with them yet, so I can't attest to sizing or quality, but for what it's worth, here's the link. The "IC" parts are for the Imperial Commando from the cover of the book of same name. The parts are interchangeable save for the helmet, which you'll see is listed separately as RC.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys

thanks for th link, but I have a noob question.

I don't manage to download the pep files on 4shared. he asked me to wait 60 sec, but nothig happened...
Should I dowload something special to be able to download the peps files ?

So, please Obi-Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope.
Sorry for the inconvenience, you may answer by PM to let the subject clear.

thank you verry much

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back