Long Beach Comic Con *May 11th 2013*

I might check it out if I'm bored that day. Is the one day only thing new? Do they not have a high enough turnout for a full weekend?

The local Who con is on Valentine's day every year. But then again if you're into Who then either your girlfriend/boyfriend is too, or you're single.

Having a great time.Got to be one of the first to see the final chapter of the PINK FIVE Saga. Finally got to see Mike's WALL-E. Met MrPinski, Lunaman, and Mouse234.

I had an awesome time at my first attendance of the Long Beach Comic Expo. It's a really cool little con. I talked briefly with PumpMag, and I'm sure I must have seen Drewid wandering around. I've been assured that there's plenty of fun photos that will surface soon of the event, which I'm excited about because I didn't have my camera on me. I only have this one photo to share, where a die-hard comic collector had me pose with two of his very cool foreign language prints of The Amazing Spider-Man #129. He said he had the biggest collection of #129 in the world, and I believe him. Big thank you to Tony Pomilla for this great photo-op. :)

Last edited:
Here's David Ngo's photos from the convention. Very cool!
Long Beach Comic Expo 2013 - Saturday - Cosplay Photos from David "DTJAAAAM" Ngo

*EDIT* Also, here's some event photos from NerdGasmatic
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.517233141668573.1073741889.315915115133711&type=1

I'm particularly fond of this one. :lol
XoKN8sah.jpg

Attachments

• XoKN8sah.jpg
    XoKN8sah.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Having a great time.Got to be one of the first to see the final chapter of the PINK FIVE Saga. Finally got to see Mike's WALL-E. Met MrPinski, Lunaman, and Mouse234.

What's taking Stokes so long to release the final chapter online like his Kickstarter updates promised when he was raising funding? It seems he's touring the convention circuit with it and forgetting his online audience.

What's taking Stokes so long to release the final chapter online like his Kickstarter updates promised when he was raising funding? It seems he's touring the convention circuit with it and forgetting his online audience.

Trey did not forget his online audience. As you know, there are over 500 effects shots, so It's a lot of work that he and his team have been going through. The LBCC screening was a test audience, and based on the feedback, he's making sure to provide you with the best final chapter. They even digitally cleaned up/enhanced all the other chapters. The images are so much sharper and cleaner than I remember seeing on screen before. Based on audience reaction, he's making changes/adjustments as needed. Also he shot final footage right there at Long Beach CC last year, so he wanted to give this sneak peak as a thank you to LBCC.

The LBCC screening was a test audience, and based on the feedback, he's making sure to provide you with the best final chapter... Also he shot final footage right there at Long Beach CC last year, so he wanted to give this sneak peak as a thank you to LBCC.

Yeah but the Kickstarter page doesn't say that he was going to do test screenings at multiple conventions until he released the final chapter online. And the previous chapters didn't need feedback, what's with the second guessing himself as a filmmaker now? The last update I've found said the final chapter would be online April 1st but only con audiences are seeing it and I'm getting a weird vibe it's a convention selling point ("see it exclusively here first") while everyone else waits for sloppy seconds.

Yeah but the Kickstarter page doesn't say that he was going to do test screenings at multiple conventions until he released the final chapter online. And the previous chapters didn't need feedback, what's with the second guessing himself as a filmmaker now? The last update I've found said the final chapter would be online April 1st but only con audiences are seeing it and I'm getting a weird vibe it's a convention selling point ("see it exclusively here first") while everyone else waits for sloppy seconds.

You are totally misunderstanding my post. He did not redo the previous chapters only clean them up (sharper, better sound, better quality images, etc). He did not do any story changes to the earlier chapters. The LAST chapter was test screened (following the existing films) and he said to me at the screening, that he was "taking notes on how the audience responded at certain points during the film". So it sounds like he's still making adjustments.

As far as kickstarter that page hasn't been updated since January after reaching their financial goals. You are looking at old information. I can't answer for Trey since I'm not him or on his production team, so why don't you message him personally. From what I know, the official premiere will be in August at Space City Con, Houston.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back