London Film & Comic con 2015 JULY

Diamond pass bought. It was a no brainer for me & my gf - childhood hero and it's 2015!! Just hope he's a pleasant guy when we meet him! :)
I have booked a DeLorean shoot with MJF and Christopher Lloyd. I wanted the diamond pass for MJF but it was sooo much money, but if I could have stretched it, i would have. Do you know if there are opportunities to pay for autographs outside of the diamond passes? This will be my first film/comic con :)

I'm going for all 3 days! I'll be Marty McFly naturely ;) I'll post a picture here closer to the time so you can I identify me out of all the other Marty cosplayers I'm expecting to see :lol I'll have the Almanac though so there's a start.

I got the Christopher Lloyd pass for my birthday and I actually cried to my daddy when I seen Michael J Fox was announced. It's a shame that the pass is so expensive and that you can only get an autograph via that pass. I guess I'll just break my student bank and pay for the Delorean photo with him. It would be so funny. I'm hoping to get all the other cast member's autograph!

I have booked a DeLorean shoot with MJF and Christopher Lloyd. I wanted the diamond pass for MJF but it was sooo much money, but if I could have stretched it, i would have. Do you know if there are opportunities to pay for autographs outside of the diamond passes? This will be my first film/comic con :)

I highly doubt it. I've only been to the Belfast show as it was it's first time here in October there and they seem fairly strict with the rules from what I've seen on the forums. I read that there is no other way to get an autograph unless you get a pass. I think it's just because of his Parkinson's Disease which is understandable. But the price ... :confused I get that a lot will be going to charity but does it really have to be soooooo expensive? I mean £50 -£75 I can get with but £95 for a pic with the Delorean and MJF? Alright Showmasters, simmer down. I know it's a business as well and that it's in London so everything is super expensive to me at least but wow. Better not let my daddy see how much money I'll be spending :lol

I'm going for all 3 days! I'll be Marty McFly naturely ;) I'll post a picture here closer to the time so you can I identify me out of all the other Marty cosplayers I'm expecting to see :lol I'll have the Almanac though so there's a start.

I got the Christopher Lloyd pass for my birthday and I actually cried to my daddy when I seen Michael J Fox was announced. It's a shame that the pass is so expensive and that you can only get an autograph via that pass. I guess I'll just break my student bank and pay for the Delorean photo with him. It would be so funny. I'm hoping to get all the other cast member's autograph!

I highly doubt it. I've only been to the Belfast show as it was it's first time here in October there and they seem fairly strict with the rules from what I've seen on the forums. I read that there is no other way to get an autograph unless you get a pass. I think it's just because of his Parkinson's Disease which is understandable. But the price ... :confused I get that a lot will be going to charity but does it really have to be soooooo expensive? I mean £50 -£75 I can get with but £95 for a pic with the Delorean and MJF? Alright Showmasters, simmer down. I know it's a business as well and that it's in London so everything is super expensive to me at least but wow. Better not let my daddy see how much money I'll be spending :lol

I very nearly bought a MJF Diamond pass, but i though why not use some of that money to meet some of the other cast, although I'm pretty gutted I won't be getting an MJF autograph, but a photo is still pretty awesome. I agree the prices are very high, but i guess they can pretty much charge what they want for MJF as it's him, it's 2015, etc.

I very nearly bought a MJF Diamond pass, but i though why not use some of that money to meet some of the other cast, although I'm pretty gutted I won't be getting an MJF autograph, but a photo is still pretty awesome. I agree the prices are very high, but i guess they can pretty much charge what they want for MJF as it's him, it's 2015, etc.

Yeah there was no way for me to get something that expensive and then get everyone elses autograph as well with my student budget and money (EMA doesn't pay that much, it's actually pretty bad. £1 per hour of school :/ I should get a summer job and actually earn some money)

I wish I could get his autograph but like I said, the photo will have to do

I really wish they released the schudele a month before the con instead of a week before although it means I'll not be planning my day when I should actually be studying. I'M JUST SO EXCITED!

They keep adding guests up to the last minute so if they issued a schedule a month before the how they would have to keep changing it, event a week before it normally gets a few changes. In some ways I'm hoping they do not add too many more good names this year as my list of auto to get is long already :)

Yeah there was no way for me to get something that expensive and then get everyone elses autograph as well with my student budget and money (EMA doesn't pay that much, it's actually pretty bad. £1 per hour of school :/ I should get a summer job and actually earn some money)

I wish I could get his autograph but like I said, the photo will have to do

I really wish they released the schudele a month before the con instead of a week before although it means I'll not be planning my day when I should actually be studying. I'M JUST SO EXCITED!

So how does it work, do you get there in the morning with proof of the photo sessions you have booked, register then get allocated a time slot? How many photo sessions do you think you could attend in one day? Keeping in mind the demand for MJF is gonna be big!!

So how does it work, do you get there in the morning with proof of the photo sessions you have booked, register then get allocated a time slot? How many photo sessions do you think you could attend in one day? Keeping in mind the demand for MJF is gonna be big!!

Well you are sent out tickets of what you bought. I got my Christopher Lloyd pass a few weeks back, I just need to put it onto a landyard. Normal entry tickets are just that. They look like tickets to a concert. I haven't bought the photo booth picture yet for MJF but I assume that they will send out a ticket for that too. I'm printing everything and bringing it with me just incase. I assume there will be 2 lines. One for people who booked the sessions and ones who didn't. I'm gonna take it that the passes are like fast passes.

They have a thing called virtual queueing where you stand in the line and they will give you a ticket with a number. Then you can leave to maybe go to the toilet, grab a drink or go to someone else with a shorter line. Then over the intercom they will anounce a group of ticket numbers. You go to the fast track lane which would be maybe of 10-20 people and then you just go to the booth and wait your turn. That's what I read on the forums at least. Never been to a Showmaster's event as big as this one in London

Here's the entire search!:http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27
And here is the one that explains it (the others just ask some qusetions about it so it's worth looking through them too!): http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8424

Then some people have talked about how many photoshots you can attend in one day here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88304&hl=queuing#entry1915546

I'm maybe going for 5 at most per day, just so I'm not missing special events, talks or the amazing cosplays! It is also a good idea to poke around the forum to see everything that will be happening and get a general idea of what to do to best plan your trip/weekend

Hope this helps

Well you are sent out tickets of what you bought. I got my Christopher Lloyd pass a few weeks back, I just need to put it onto a landyard. Normal entry tickets are just that. They look like tickets to a concert. I haven't bought the photo booth picture yet for MJF but I assume that they will send out a ticket for that too. I'm printing everything and bringing it with me just incase. I assume there will be 2 lines. One for people who booked the sessions and ones who didn't. I'm gonna take it that the passes are like fast passes.

They have a thing called virtual queueing where you stand in the line and they will give you a ticket with a number. Then you can leave to maybe go to the toilet, grab a drink or go to someone else with a shorter line. Then over the intercom they will anounce a group of ticket numbers. You go to the fast track lane which would be maybe of 10-20 people and then you just go to the booth and wait your turn. That's what I read on the forums at least. Never been to a Showmaster's event as big as this one in London

Here's the entire search!:http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showforum=27
And here is the one that explains it (the others just ask some qusetions about it so it's worth looking through them too!): http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8424

Then some people have talked about how many photoshots you can attend in one day here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88304&hl=queuing#entry1915546

I'm maybe going for 5 at most per day, just so I'm not missing special events, talks or the amazing cosplays! It is also a good idea to poke around the forum to see everything that will be happening and get a general idea of what to do to best plan your trip/weekend

Hope this helps

Wow thanks for the info, I haven't had chance to go through the forum yet, so thanks for that, it does help. I might book one more then see what is still available on the day?

Wow thanks for the info, I haven't had chance to go through the forum yet, so thanks for that, it does help. I might book one more then see what is still available on the day?

No problem! i would try and get MJF's ones now because he will be insanely popular and maybe Christopher Lloyd or any one else who is super well known just so you aren't disappointed. The last thing you want is to be the next person in line and then them stopping at you. :eek

No problem! i would try and get MJF's ones now because he will be insanely popular and maybe Christopher Lloyd or any one else who is super well known just so you aren't disappointed. The last thing you want is to be the next person in line and then them stopping at you. :eek

They are the only two i have booked photos with so far, think i will book Lea Thompson next, then hopefully the others may be available on the day :)

I'm hoping that I can get a photo with MJF. I was wondering how likely is it to get a photo with MJF in the Delorean without a prepaid ticket. It was announced and I didn't have enough money at the time but now all 4 batches are sold out and I have money today :/ This convention is my 18th birthday present and being in the Delorean with MJF cosplaying Marty would be such a good photo! They would have another line for people who didn't have pre-paid tickets right? Right?

I'll be there, first ever comic con, couldn't make the MCM one, really excited will be there sat+sun, charles dance and noah wyle are my top two, I'd love to meet christopher and MJF for an auto but I'll decide on the Saturday to get it on the Sunday or not......got a budget you know :lol, done me research though so I'll take it all in the Saturday and probably go bankrupt by Sunday evening :facepalm

If you want a photo with MJF then buy quick as the last update I saw was that they were selling out fast and there may not be any left to buy on the day.
If you want an auto with him you have to pay out for the diamond pass, there will not be any other way to get one.

They changed their ticket system this year so now all tickets apart from diamond are electronic and will not be posted out, you need to print them off and bring them with you to the show. I think you can also use the bar code electronically on a smart phone but am not sure.

The photo tickets will have a specific day and batch number on them, they used to have an actual number but this stopped with the change in buying them.
The way its works is that you buy a ticket for example MJF for Saturday morning then they will advise the actual time of the photos and you get called up in batch order. So if you have a batch A ticket then you would be first after the diamond and gold ticket holders.
They move the photos along quickly so try not to be late once they announce your time. If by the time you get here they are on batch C and you have a batch A ticket you can still line up.

If you have multiple photo tickets and there is a clash then speak to the red shirt in charge, they are normally very helpful in sorting these out.

The virtual queuing is for autos only and is very useful as you can not pre book these.

The big guests that are likely to be busy will be on the raffle ticket system. Its normally a good idea to make this your first stop of the day, get to the queues get your virtual ticket then relax and go and do other things.
At the end of each signers queues there will be a white board with the number they are up to, once it has passed your ticket number you can join the end of the queue. I have not seen them announce signing numbers over the pa system before and it would be hard to hear as it will be quite noisy.

If you have a gold pass you can ignore all this and just line up when ever you like ;)

Some guests will not be as busy and you can just join their queue when you want.

This is a different venue to normal and I can not remember what the food is like inside but its normally limited and expensive at these places.

There are more shops at Olympia than at Earls court for food just out side the venu. I can recommend the food in the pub just over the road as I ate there at a previous LFCC event.

A few tips for this show :

Bring water, it will be hot and getting a drink there will cost more then you expect.

The free talks are a good place to have a rest as there is normally not much seating if any otherwise. As this show is at Olympia then we can always use the seats on the tube platform as its only across the road from the show.

If you can but your photo and talk tickets before the show as the queue to get these is normally he biggest there.

Try and bring lots of cash as the queue for auto vouchers by card is the same one as the photo ticket on the day queue and there will be a very limited supply of cash machines .

Last edited:
If you want a photo with MJF then buy quick as the last update I saw was that they were selling out fast and there may not be any left to buy on the day.
If you want an auto with him you have to pay out for the diamond pass, there will not be any other way to get one.

They changed their ticket system this year so now all tickets apart from diamond are electronic and will not be posted out, you need to print them off and bring them with you to the show. I think you can also use the bar code electronically on a smart phone but am not sure.

The photo tickets will have a specific day and batch number on them, they used to have an actual number but this stopped with the change in buying them.
The way its works is that you buy a ticket for example MJF for Saturday morning then they will advise the actual time of the photos and you get called up in batch order. So if you have a batch A ticket then you would be first after the diamond and gold ticket holders.
They move the photos along quickly so try not to be late once they announce your time. If by the time you get here they are on batch C and you have a batch A ticket you can still line up.

If you have multiple photo tickets and there is a clash then speak to the red shirt in charge, they are normally very helpful in sorting these out.

The virtual queuing is for autos only and is very useful as you can not pre book these.

The big guests that are likely to be busy will be on the raffle ticket system. Its normally a good idea to make this your first stop of the day, get to the queues get your virtual ticket then relax and go and do other things.
At the end of each signers queues there will be a white board with the number they are up to, once it has passed your ticket number you can join the end of the queue. I have not seen them announce signing numbers over the pa system before and it would be hard to hear as it will be quite noisy.

If you have a gold pass you can ignore all this and just line up when ever you like ;)

Some guests will not be as busy and you can just join their queue when you want.

This is a different venue to normal and I can not remember what the food is like inside but its normally limited and expensive at these places.

There are more shops at Olympia than at Earls court for food just out side the venu. I can recommend the food in the pub just over the road as I ate there at a previous LFCC event.

Bring water, it will be hot and getting a drink there will cost more then you expect.

The free talks are a good place to have a rest as there is normally not much seating if any otherwise. As this show is at Olympia then we can always use the seats on the tube platform as its only across the road from the show.

If you can but your photo and talk tickets before the show as the queue to get these is normally he biggest there.

Try and bring lots of cash as the queue for auto vouchers by card is the same one as the photo ticket on the day queue and there will be a very limited supply of cash machines .

What are the entry queues like? ANy idea if there is early entry or fdast pass tickets?

I went to MCM in manchester and didnt get in until 3.15pm, the kids were pissed.

Due to the issues last year with Stan Lee, they have made it pre book only for Friday and Saturday with buy on the door on Sunday. The tickets are all entry at the one time. The only ones who get early entrance is the gold tickets. Once the doors open they are good at getting everyone in the event. Even though it's a big back to the future show with MJF there I do not think it will be as mad as last year.

Having said they there is still plenty of time for them to announce another few big names :)

Due to the issues last year with Stan Lee, they have made it pre book only for Friday and Saturday with buy on the door on Sunday. The tickets are all entry at the one time. The only ones who get early entrance is the gold tickets. Once the doors open they are good at getting everyone in the event. Even though it's a big back to the future show with MJF there I do not think it will be as mad as last year.

Having said they there is still plenty of time for them to announce another few big names :)

I will be there then, Richard Dean Anderson photo for me :)

Thanks for the info. You think there will definitely be no chance to get an autograph on the day? Luckily I have a photo booked with MJF but couldn't stretch the price of a diamond ticket.

None at all, they have stated the the diamond package is the only way for an auto. If they did sell them on the day then I and a lot of the other ticket holders would not be happy at the money we had wasted. The limit to the signings is down to his medical condition while the photos shoots are a lot easier for him.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back