LOL! Who Designed These?

They're both in the DS9 Technical Manual. I'd always assumed someone on the production staff did them. Eaves, Sternbach, Okuda. Probably one of those three.

Those were designed for the DS9 technical manual that came out a while ago. I don't think it was as popular as the TNG version, but the DS9 version was in color and was still quite interesting in its own right...

Do you have the book? It should have a credit somewhere... :) Then I'd know who to pester. :D

-Sarge

They're both in the DS9 Technical Manual. I'd always assumed someone on the production staff did them. Eaves, Sternbach, Okuda. Probably one of those three.

I'm leaning toward John Eaves, but I've never met/ talked to him before and I don't want to bother him till I'm sure.

I'm picturing something close to the Runabout design, but maybe not quite so overloaded.:lol I'm picturing the Endeavor/ van w/ a determined, defiant grin as it peels away from a planet, and the caption being either "Not a Problem!", "I Can Hack It!" or "Humpin to Please!" :D

-Sarge

Those are great bits of art.

I've got a friend who is able to print artwork and designs on shirts. If anyone finds out who to ask for permission on producing any of these. I can see about getting shirts done.

Richard

defiant_dev.jpg

danube-dev.jpg

I want a patch like these for the U.S.S. Endeavor! (my Pontiac Trans Sport that I'm slowly turning into a shuttle) It'd look pretty cool on my CWU-45 flight jacket too!

-Sarge

If you look at the second one, of the runabout, go straight up from the eyes about an inch and you will see the word "HAWK" in light blue in the dark blue field!
So from that I would assume that Johnny Hawk is the winner as put forth by wizardofflight!
The other one has what appears to be a signature above the word ANTARES, but I can't be sure! If "HAWK" is in there I can't see it!
Both are great designs and I have them even though they my not be canon! They do however have the same feel as the "Work Bee" patch that was designed for Star Trek: The Motion Picture! So I think they "fit" well!
I bought mine off American Patches and plan to get a few others as soon as I build up my PayPal again!
I do however see two small problems(?) with the Runabout design!
With the bag of goodies over his "shoulder" I get a Christmas feeling to it! And yes I know it is supposed to represent the craft as a "work horse" not one of Santa's helpers! Not sure what would have worked better?
And I don't really like the use of human hands holding the bag ropes! They just seem out of place to me! Maybe the ropes loped over the Bussard Collector! With the way the Warp Nacelle is curved over I think that would have worked!
They are fantastic patches and I would strongly recommend to any Star Trek fan to get them!
Later, Petseal

Wow, finding this guy may be tricky- it looks like the Navy gave Miramar to the Marines awhile back. So even if he's still in the Navy, Lord knows where he might be now. :wacko

Anyone know how to find a serviceman's current whereabouts? :confused

-Sarge

Wow, finding this guy may be tricky- it looks like the Navy gave Miramar to the Marines awhile back. So even if he's still in the Navy, Lord knows where he might be now. :wacko

Anyone know how to find a serviceman's current whereabouts? :confused

-Sarge

Only thing I can think of is go to Military.com and use their "Buddy Finder" feature; Although, that will only give their name, rank at registration, MOS, and home of record, but who knows...

Those were designed for the DS9 technical manual that came out a while ago. I don't think it was as popular as the TNG version, but the DS9 version was in color and was still quite interesting in its own right...

Thats where I remember them from, i knew I seen them somewhere

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back