Logan's Run Holster & Tracker's Tv Show

alexis

Hi !
I'm a great fan of Logan's Run and prefer the tv show's props, specialy the Follower/tracker and holster for DS Gun. So when I see that I can't found it on replica, I was decided to made them myself.

For begining the holster, here is the original props :

holsteroriginal.jpg

holsteroriginal02.jpg

I was found the good sheet of aluminum (with the right thickness) :

holster00.jpg

I was made a original model on paper for have a very good "V" for the hook of the DSGun and start the cut of aluminum sheet :
holster01.jpg

holster02.jpg

And after cut the good width (very hard for to made the "V" because the sheet of aluminum is thick !)
holster03.jpg

holster04.jpg

Trying the holster with my Working DSGun (This is the heaviest gun, if it works with it, others replicas will too !) Hourra ! It's goods !
holster05.jpg

holster06.jpg

holster07.jpg

I think that my replica is not bad :
holster08.jpg

After, come the painting (I use the same paint that I use for Nickdad DSGun kit : a paint for paintball guns) :
holster09.jpg

holster10.jpg

holster11.jpg

The holster finished :

holster12.jpg

2) The Follower/Tracker, I start from replica of Rylo : Movie Model, not painted and not assembled, here is the original props :
trackeroriginal.jpg

trackertvoriginal02.jpg

The Replica of Rylo that I was used for the start :
tracker06.jpg

tracker07.jpg

For begining I was cuted the Follower in two parts and painted the top :
tracker04.jpg

tracker05.jpg

After I was found An square Anodized Aluminum tube and round anodized aluminum tube :
tracker03.jpg

tracker02.jpg

I watched if it's good fot the top :
tracker01.jpg

I was used a paper sheet and printed the text on for the picture. In the futur I will use transparent paper and priting the text which will be illuminated by a LED lamp. I must to put again the second switch on right side, and a second LED for to made a lamp in top ! I have already buyed the LEDs :
trackerled.jpg

I hope to finish it in somes months. I will tell you when it will finish !
:confused

Last edited:
Rylo's holsters are just the triangle and clip without that top portion. I have one and assume that was how they were in the film. I have a working Rylo flame gun and agree it's a heavy prop and when I wear it with my belt, it does sag a bit. How or did you compensate for that as yours looks pretty flush.

My bad the tv version was different.

Ry's holster was based on a movie screen-used one

Looks good although you could have bought one of Rylos holsters.
Thanks Apollo,
I have already a Rylo's Holster, but I prefer the tv show version. I don't like very much the big "V" of movie version. :)

How or did you compensate for that as yours looks pretty flush.
I think it's because it's not the same metal used that Rylo (perhaps Rylo used steel for his holster ?) and my aluminum sheet is thinner. And my holster is in one part : the clip is spaced less than that of Rylo, so it is best held on the belt with less movement.
I think is that...

Nice items, Logan's run is one of my favourite films, I'll definitely be catching up on the v series soon.

P.s. have you ever noticed that the apple store security uniforms are very similar to the sandman ones ;-)

Thanks Apollo,
I have already a Rylo's Holster, but I prefer the tv show version. I don't like very much the big "V" of movie version. :)

I think it's because it's not the same metal used that Rylo (perhaps Rylo used steel for his holster ?) and my aluminum sheet is thinner. And my holster is in one part : the clip is spaced less than that of Rylo, so it is best held on the belt with less movement.
I think is that...

Can you post dimensions for your holster/clip ? What did you base the size on...is the clip the same size as the movie version? Also, did you just assume that the TV follower is a cut down movie one, or did you base it on any inside info? Does rylo know the size of the TV version follower?

Can you post dimensions for your holster/clip ? What did you base the size on...is the clip the same size as the movie version? Also, did you just assume that the TV follower is a cut down movie one, or did you base it on any inside info? Does rylo know the size of the TV version follower?
Hi !
sorry for the delay. I can't post the dimensions for my holster/clip, in fact, I was drawing around of the clip of one of my DS Gun, and made the measures since that (if you have a ds gun, it's not complicate to made the holster). None, it's not the same size of a movie version, I think that a holster movie version is more big. I don't remember where I read that the follower/Tracker of the tv show it's a movie model cuted, perhaps on the rpf forum ! ^^ I can't answer you if Rylo know the size of Tv series follower, sorry !!!
A little video of my Follower/Tracker finish and functionnal (I was using Led) :

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back