Logan's Run 3d printed TV version follower

Ham Salad

A fellow on the logan's run page on facebook named Kenneth Kirkpatrick made a 3d printed TV version follower and put it up on shapeways. Always wanted one of these, here's what it looks like as parts, and then finished out:

Attachments

• IMG_0553.JPG
    IMG_0553.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0559.JPG
    IMG_0559.JPG
    447.4 KB · Views: 156
Nice Job. any chance there's a movie version floating out there?
Rylo makes very nice movie versions of the follower in machined aluminum. Also, there are 3d printable version on several 3d printing sites: you can just order from the site.

If you want to make one yourself (and , as props go, this one is pretty simple) there are working drawings.

Last edited:
I drew a file for the TV version. Still have it.

Your printed follower looks nice. I was told by a collector who had several props from the show and TV series that the TV version was a movie version that was sawed in half.

I drew a file for the TV version. Still have it.

Your printed follower looks nice. I was told by a collector who had several props from the show and TV series that the TV version was a movie version that was sawed in half.

Is he on here? Do you still have access, and can measurements be got? This one was based on not very good photos, which is why I didn't just scratch build one: I didn't want to do all that work without being pretty sure of the dimensions. Kenneth's educated guess is a bit thicker than the movie follower (about 1/8"), and has somewhat rounder corners (as you see).

Also,
Do you know of a cheaper printing service than shapeways? They charged too much for such a small job....

Do you know of a cheaper printing service than shapeways?

Nope. As I understand they charge by how much material you draw onto your part as well as how much space it takes up in their machine. Make as many areas hollow as you can. If you have done that already there isn't much more you can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know of a cheaper printing service than shapeways?

Nope. As I understand they charge by how much material you draw onto your part as well as how much space it takes up in their machine. Make as many areas hollow as you can. If you have done that already there isn't much more you can do.

UPDATE: a 3D print service has offered to do them cheaper, I'll post a link with details once a price is set. I'll prbably get another one myself, as I'd like to have a spare.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back