Live action Robotech rights goes to Sony

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Wes R

Legendary Member
This is a terrible idea and why they're holding up production on more animation. I'd rather get more animation before the original actors are all too old to work. This is going to look like Transformers i know it.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

LrdSatyr8

Sr Member
This is a terrible idea and why they're holding up production on more animation. I'd rather get more animation before the original actors are all too old to work. This is going to look like Transformers i know it.

God I hope not... Please Hollywood... Don't try to change the Valkryies!!

Solo4114

Master Member
It's a shame they retired the ol' F-14. The Super Hornet is kinda close, but for me there's something about the Tomcat that I just love in its design. But if they were gonna change the planes at all, I'd expect it'd be because the F-14 is no longer in service. The Jolly Rogers still are (although the name has moved around a bit, it seems) but still...not quite the same without the F-14.

LrdSatyr8

Sr Member
It don't matter that the F-14's aren't around anymore or aren't in service. I'm sure they could come up with a storyline around them so that the F-14 was about the only type of plane that the tech fit into. And since they aren't in service anymore, they are readily available on the black market or something. I'm sure they'll be able to work out the storyline.

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
There are still some Tomcats flying in Iran from the days of the Shah when we sold them some.
All others I believe had to be demilitarized to a point that would be useless to smuggle parts to Iran.

BUT, they don't really use Tomcat airframes right? They just resemble the F-14 right?