Live Action Portal Short

It's really well made and besides the walls cracking I loved the portal effect. Didn't care for human or humanoid enemies though, and that portal gun was a bit off.

yeah the gun was quite a bit off, but the cg effects were good.

I think in order to make it a movie that a general audience would go see, you would have to put in some more human element, ie. the guards. although i disagree personally. and would love a solitary human trying to escape glados.

I liked it... I wish there was a way that Glados would've said something at the end... But other than that, I think it was fine...

It's really well made and besides the walls cracking I loved the portal effect. Didn't care for human or humanoid enemies though, and that portal gun was a bit off.

yeah the gun was quite a bit off, but the cg effects were good.

I think in order to make it a movie that a general audience would go see, you would have to put in some more human element, ie. the guards. although i disagree personally. and would love a solitary human trying to escape glados.

eh. No glados makes me a dull boy... Portal gun was way off!

The director should have asked our Volpin to do the Portal gun :) or the RPF in general

Last edited:
Aw, come on guys. Not everyone has the same resources or skills as a lot of the people on this board. For what it is - a low budget, fan-made short, it's pretty awesome regardless of the accuracy of the props.

While an appearance by GLaDOS would have been great, I don't think the human guards were to bad. Aperture had live personnel at some point, right? Who's to say this test subject is Chell? Could perhaps be an earlier "volunteer." If this short took place before the events of the game, that might also explain the portal device's "alternate" design, come to think of it.

Then again, there's no rule saying a movie (or a short for that matter) has to follow the game exactly.

SMBMovie-DVDCover-Small.jpg

Here's another Portal fan film: Outside Aperture - YouTube

I personally would love to see a Portal/Half-Life 2 crossover, as both stories take place within the same story universe (in fact, some suspect that the events in Portal 2 isn't as far into the future as the malfunctioning announcer or Valve says it is).

I love all those videos. I think in no escape, it could have been either before or after the games. think about it, a woman wakes up in a room with no memory and there are human guards. could the government or black mesa have refurbished the science enrichment center to be a prison after the fall of Glados? the girl could be a prisoner who found a hidden early portal gun prototype hidden in the walls by some insane test subject in some of Glados' earlier tests.all in all, great video. loved the ending

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back