Lights used in Trek

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by SurferGeek, Feb 24, 2006.

1. SurferGeek

SurferGeek Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Post this last year, figured I'd give it another shot. I've seen this type of sconce used in movie theaters. It uses a type of monochromatic glass I believe. I want to use them for a prop display room.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SurferGeek

3. Great_Bizarro

Great_Bizarro Sr Member

Could that just be stained glass or theater jells in a wire frame at the top of the lamp? Try Edmonds Scientific for the glass otherwise.

4. SurferGeek

I'm weird in the fact that I even noticed the lights at the theater I used to go to. It was a AMC and they actually had several panels of glass. One thing I noticed is that the side I could see (bottom) the glass appeared to be mirrored, almost holographic to where they would reflect one color and pass another. As a result it almost appears that the glass panels are emitting light rather than reflecting the white source light. Very cool effect. Gels or stained glass wouldn't have the same effect.

Thanks for the tip on Edmonds, I'll see if I can get something from them. Guess I could also check with some glass speciality shops as well.

5. SurferGeek

One last bump... :(

6. exoray

exoray Master Member

No the same model but a similar one at the link below...

Rainbow Sconce

A little cheaper here

Rainbow Sconce

Or just google "rainbow sconce" for several other dealers of the above...

7. comm510

comm510 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

That actually may be the correct sconce in the link... maybe they just removed the outside covering?

8. SurferGeek

I could kiss you... :love Where do you live? ;)

As was mentioned, if they're not the exact same ones they are definately close enough. Now I wonder if I can get them a bit cheaper... :lol

I knew if I asked long enough. The RPF is a WEALTH of information.