Lighting for a ST Voyager

Robiwon

Master Member
Gone but not forgotten.
A friend of mine put me in touch with a fellow modeler up in Canada. She was building a model of Voyager and wanted to add lights to it. I agreed to build her a light kit. Here is the result of that. Took longer than anticipated, due to real life, me getting sick, and blowing some cheap LEDs I had.

Here is a video. It shows four groups of whites for the main saucer, three groups of lights for the secondary hull, two blues and a red for the warp engines and bussards, it also has a seperate LED for the shuttle bay, deflector and red, green, and yellow blinking fiber optics for the various running lights. The engines are contolled by a seperate switch than the hull lights, so she can turn them on/off seprately.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v606/directorcass/?action=view&current=Sept3016.mp4

Last edited:
Hard to really work out what would go where, the video is very dark for obvious reasons to show off the LEDs but maybe in context next to the model it might look a bit better.
Also quite sad to hear that kid crying in the background.:confused

But on the whole, a nice looking set of LEDs.:)

Haha, that was my two year old teathing grandson! He's fine, plus it was bed time, not his favorite time of day!

I'm going to load a few more pics in the light to show off what I did. The model is in Canada and the lights were sent out the other day. The owner gets to instal the lighting kit!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back