Lifesize Darth Vader from a Rubies Supreme

woah how you get that gloss on the face of the mask
what paint do you use, i need it

Hey, I used Dupli-color Gloss Black and Gunmetal. I made the mistake of using Dupli-color "crystal clear" ONTOP of the paint (I thought this was clear coat) and it actually dulled the shine and colour of the paint. I recommend tracking down an actual clear coat and using that.

Here's some more pics and a nice before and after! :cool

BeforeandAfter.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

Excellent:) How did you get the arms posable ?

Thanks dude! I took the mannequin arms off and replaced them with some thick metal gardening wire/rods I bent into shape; I also made hands out of the wire, then buffed everything up with some bubble wrap.:thumbsup

Thanks for info mate. Sounds good. I have to built up a Vader mannequin myself soon so every info is appreciated. Do you perhaps have any pics from your built up?

Thanks for info mate. Sounds good. I have to built up a Vader mannequin myself soon so every info is appreciated. Do you perhaps have any pics from your built up?

I'm sorry, unfortunately I didnt think to take any pics of the mannequin out-of-suit. One thing I can reccommend is looking at some pictures of David Prowse in his body building days to get an idea of proportions.

hey Vince,

This is a really cool build, thanks for sharing! I love the pose you've chosen!

So this is just the Rubies Supreme Vader that can still be found online for around the $700 mark?

Could this setup be used in combination with the new eFX Vader helmet that's yet to come out?

I know an accurate Vader is kind of the holy grail for many, with MUCH debate on accuracy and what's acceptable, but yours really looks great!

It sure seems to me that with your techniques and maybe a new helmet (for those that don't have your skills) this could be a viable way to achieve a "pretty close" 1:1 Vader?

I'd honestly love to hear what the "purists" think...I'm sure spending $10K on a Vader is possible, but would it be THAT much better than this?

thanks!

brad

Holy crap! You have done a really amazing upgrade to that Darth Vader costume. Good job man and thank you for sharing that. By the way, that pose is perfect.

hey Vince,

This is a really cool build, thanks for sharing! I love the pose you've chosen!

So this is just the Rubies Supreme Vader that can still be found online for around the $700 mark?

Could this setup be used in combination with the new eFX Vader helmet that's yet to come out?

I know an accurate Vader is kind of the holy grail for many, with MUCH debate on accuracy and what's acceptable, but yours really looks great!

It sure seems to me that with your techniques and maybe a new helmet (for those that don't have your skills) this could be a viable way to achieve a "pretty close" 1:1 Vader?

I'd honestly love to hear what the "purists" think...I'm sure spending $10K on a Vader is possible, but would it be THAT much better than this?

thanks!

brad

Thank you very much sir! Check your inbox for a response! :thumbsup

Holy crap! You have done a really amazing upgrade to that Darth Vader costume. Good job man and thank you for sharing that. By the way, that pose is perfect.

Thanks a lot dude! I really appreciate it! This is probably my favourite Darth Vader pose ever.:love

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back