Life Size Darth Maul - prize estimates?

othello823

I was recommended to this group for help with my question.

I have a limited edition Darth Maul life size character that was released in 1999 by Pepsi/Frito-Lay for the Release of Episode 1, The Phantom Menace. We would like to sell it. What would be the going price for this? It no longer has the red part of the light saber but than that, it's in good condition.

Also, besides Craigslist, can anyone suggest any place else to list this for local sale only (you can't ship this thing) in southern California.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, your thread was moved from the General modeling forum since it is not the right place for your question.

I think that probably 350 US-$ might be a good price.

Once you become a general member after 45 days and 20 valid posts you can start a sales thread in the Junkyard.

Michael
RPF staff

$300+ has been the avg I've seen. I lucked out and bought mine for $150 from a very nice couple nearby. I still send them pictures here and there to let them know a true fan bought it and note some ebay scalper I know they've talked to.

Surprisingly, I took mine apart this weekend with ease. Everything is essentially velcroed except for one stitch at the neck area. Popped off the head and cut off the lightsaber (mounted with a zip Tie) and will be upgrading the Maul for the next month or two. Craigslist and Ebay are your best bet though, can't think of many other places for it. It is surprisingly lightweight but size for shipping will certainly be an issue.

I bought a mint one years ago for $800, but the guy threw in a boxed MR double bladed maul saber to sweeten the deal. At Anaheim comiccon I met ray and had him sign the plastic saber he comes with. Don't mean to derail the thread, but any chance you can take a pic of the statue shenphong with the outfit off of it while your doing the upgrades? I've always been curious what the body was made of (Feels like most of it is styrofoam).

Will do, I'm actually very surprised no one has done that. The bottom base is rusted to hell though and I'm having a heck of a time separating him from the main base. Going to have to shoot some type of chemical in there to loosen him up, I don't think WD40 will do the trick. I was going to sell him awhile back but after looking at him, I figured it'd be much more worthwhile to keep him. I'll tell you right now though, after disrobing his upper half, it looks like 90%+ of his body is made of styrafoam...makes me a bit worried it'll deteriorate over time.

He's currently about an hour and a half away though, but I plan to put up some close and personal shots of his disrobing lol.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back