Licensed Star Wars Costumes from Museum Replicas

BINGO! :D

See above ;)

I'm sure I'm going to feel stupid in a second, but you still got to help me out. I was counting the holiday special and I can only remember 11.

Obi-Wan -ANH
Luke -ANH -ESB -ROTJ -V2
Vader -ANH -ESB -ROTJ

Kenobi/Luke -shared stunt
Luke /Vader -ANH stunt

Holiday Special

Is #12 the Vader ESB/ROTJ?

I'm sure I'm going to feel stupid in a second, but you still got to help me out. I was counting the holiday special and I can only remember 11.

Obi-Wan -ANH
Luke -ANH -ESB -ROTJ -V2
Vader -ANH -ESB -ROTJ

Kenobi/Luke -shared stunt
Luke /Vader -ANH stunt

Holiday Special

Is #12 the Vader ESB/ROTJ?

Vader barbican. :)

I wish that a company would offer accurate kits of TKs etc. So people could build them however they want while not loosing accuracy of the individual armor peices. It would save time and money for the manafacturer while not killing the hobby!

But that will never happen. :confused

Vader barbican. :)

Duh! Man I can't believe I forgot the Barbican! The Beast of the OT.

Back on topic.

MR said they will be doing accessories so do you think that they will ever do any binoculars? Luke's? Hoth? Mauls?
I could see something like this selling well, if accurate.

LFL can talk about quality standards in their licensed replicas all they want, but one look at Rubies...and some of the goofs MR made as well shows us that doesn't mean a whole lot.
Bingo!

A situation they might have on their hands is a perceived lack of options in choosing from the available entities with the capacity for the job. Low availability forces the expectation bar to be lowered, despite a wishful persistence in pushing for the most. Recall the history of the US employment agencies in the early 20th century, when employers comfortably began to raise qualification levels, namely literacy among applicants as the fundamental work tool. However, prior to the growing immigration, employers were forced to train and educate those who needed it at their expense. Unfortunately for us, there is no comprehensive training method for teaching accuracy.

I'm hesitant to believe that such a thing (if even at the lowest decent manner of interpretation) requires an extraordinary level of awareness. Instead, I think we can all agree that it's love and passion that's the issue.

As for blissful ignorance, it reasonably soothes many in a confined box, but for others, having the assurance on the level of actuality is the more senseful. It would be a rather impressive stretch of the imagination to think that someone who pays hundreds for a 1:1 scale replica wouldn't mind owning a product that is missing any and all of the minor but crucial details that is the bullseye of what the large sum of money was thought to have been spent for.

the EP III Anakin looks pretty good! (except for the black undershirt)

No, it really doesn't. I'm not even an expert on Anakin's costume and I spotted several things lacking. Firstly, the weird thick stitching on the edge of the tabbards. Not only does it look weird but its inaccurate. Secondly, on the belt they totally left out the stitching grooves. How could they even overlook that? Thirdly, the front pouch looks wrong to me. I think its the stitching or the color...could be the shape too.

Last edited:
well I was there and spoke to them and these are just prototypes. Without even being asked they said there were still details that needed to be nailed down and were headed off to the archives. Im going to reserve judgement until they have a final product as opposed to a prototype. What I will say is that we wont be seeing these costumes any time soon but I thought the construction and quality of materials was very good and if they can tweak these they will have a winner.

They still have quite a bit of work to do. They definitely need to change the materials on Luke's vest and especially on Obi-Wan's tunic and tabbards.

Let´s hope Obi-Wan costume prototype is a bad joke, cause they have to do a serious revision. A black Anakin inner tunic? C´mon, black color is forbidden in Sons Of The Suns forum. They did a really bad job on those prototypes.:angry

I'm on a mac using safari 3.1.2, and can't access rebelscum.com
Any other mac people having trouble using safari, or just me?

well I think as a starting point, these will be a great thing for a lot of people. People have got to remember here that the members of this forum are a big niche. The majority of persons out there just want a costume that looks the part.

Consider this, we're always moaning about Rubies, well this offering looks like it is going to be a lot better than that so cut em some slack will ya.

and at the very least ,it gives someone a good springboard into the hobby. sure, the jedi costumes might not suit 'you', but I'm no expert, don't profess to be and to me, it looks ok. I'm sure if I start in depth comparisons between screengrabs and promo photos and these costumes I'm going to spot all sorts of errors, but the average person won't care and they are after all, a business.

price dependent I'm gonna play a wait and see.

I think it shows that they are making an effort, even if they are far from perfect and using cheap, flimsy fabrics.
Good to see that they are trying to replicate the boots, even if they use faux leather and get a few details wrong.

I think the Imperial Officer looks quite good. Nice rank badge. It appears as if the tunic's front flap is a little bit too wide, and that it doesn't have a waist, but I can be mistaken. The wide part of the pants is definitely a good detail that you don't always see people doing.

The Naboo fighting handmaiden outfit: Nice that they use patterned gold ribbons! The waist seam is weird - the real outfit doesn't have any as far as I can see in my pics. I think the belt is too wide, and the buckle is generic, but I suppose they will make a buckle.

The Jedi belts are not wide enough. Obi-Wan's belt buckle is oversized, and together with the belt, does not look good at all.
Anakin's undertunic is not black in these pics. It is difficult to see the surface texture. I think the overtunic looks quite good.
The fabrics for Obi-Wan's pants and tunic are ridiculous. In the Rebel Legion, even someone submitting an application with a "generic" Jedi costume that had those fabrics would have his application rejected.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back