Lets Sort Pipe Stunt Sabers

I'll add that this saber doesn't look like the hut saber either
Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 2.42.04 PM.png

I'll add that this saber doesn't look like the hut saber either
View attachment 1482215
Those are fighting words… :p

i know im going to ruffle feathers here.. but there is new evidence that isn’t public yet. And im 100% confident there is only 1 Luke motor stunt, and that black tip stunt is lukes just painted black

I don’t think im allowed to go into detail, but trust me when I say 100% confident

Those are fighting words… :p

i know im going to ruffle feathers here.. but there is new evidence that isn’t public yet. And im 100% confident there is only 1 Luke motor stunt, and that black tip stunt is lukes just painted black

I don’t think im allowed to go into detail, but trust me when I say 100% confident

YOU CANT HAVE HOLES AND THEN NOT HAVE HOLES

;)
Actually I was thinking the glass eye was cut down and glued in place earlier today.

Thank you halliwax for all that you do

WOW!!! wicked photos!! thanks for sharing!! we need to examine that gaffers tape on the clamp, see if there is a long lever under there

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!

are there links to that doc?

1) my top is not as stubby, making it a little long
2) one of my bolts is a little far back
3) The threaded hole is actually off-center on the prop. I nailed the latitude

fullsizeoutput_2be2.jpegfullsizeoutput_2be6.jpegfullsizeoutput_2be8.jpegfullsizeoutput_2bea.jpeg

Is there any more footage of this one?

View attachment 1484363
Looks like a V3 casting
10.png
11.png

This is the last frame of the two videos:(

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!

are there links to that doc?

1) my top is not as stubby, making it a little long
2) one of my bolts is a little far back
3) The threaded hole is actually off-center on the prop. I nailed the latitude

View attachment 1484442View attachment 1484443View attachment 1484444View attachment 1484445
The original videoI have just downloaded all the two videos and uploaded them to the cloud disk. This is the original address Source address May not apply to other regions, will redirect to the international play page:)

Last edited:
Soooo, I'm with Mouse Vader now, I believe there were two motorized luke stunts. After sculpting the mouths of these sabers by hand, I can see two very different tops now. The bearing set screws are in different places as well.

In fact, that means there was a nice one, with a switch, and one without any holes in the tube, other than a couple set screws for the red button and the upper bearing. (maybe set screws under the clamp, we don't know this) Glass eye was freaking glued on for the "second"

I nabbed some copies of photos I hadn't seen before in their entirety, here is one of them!

I now believe this to be the "second" or "backup" motorized stunt for luke. I spent enough time carving up pipe stunt emitters to understand, the main saber has an emitter that generally happens when you miter cut a tube and chop the tip off. There may have been a little cleanup, but the distinctly round sides of the emitter are hard to get rid of. The "backup" emitter has straight sides and a flat lower jaw, suggesting they tried harder to mimic the graflex and removed more material. Anyways, the set screws for the bearings are in different places too.

It may have even become the pipe stunt. You can see the side of the red button doesn't show the swoop that comes as you drill a big hole in a tube, exposing some threading. The pipe stunt has a tiny threaded hole in that area. The glass eye is visible around the other side. Granted, we have a great shot of that other side, and the glass eye looks glued on too

TomD_ANHPromoStunt1200.jpeg

Also, note the wrinkles further up on the blade. That happened to me when I tried applying spray adhesive and wrapping the blade in reflective fabric. I bet it could happen with tape too, but that's much thinner and wrinkles are very different.

To me it looks like this one does not have a beer tab? It's very blurry picture, but I think there's enough resolution that it should be visible if it was there .. I see just a light spot where the beer tab rivet should be (so maybe there's a hole).

It could very well be! I don't see it here.
Screen Shot 2022-01-03 at 11.30.17 PM.png

My other problem, this looks a LOT like the pipe stunt, and not like the other ANH Motorized stunt. There is no switch hole in the pipe stunt, I can't see beneath his fingers but the Pipe stunt dates to at least ESB. If it did go further back that would be wild

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back