Let's see your Mad Max/ Road Warrior props...

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Road Warrior was just on TV and I love this movie. Best Post Apocolyptic movie ever! Anyone have Humongous's Mask?

Brad

God that movie rules. Not a lot of real cool props though, in my opinion. Except the car. I'd let someone clamp my both my nuts to have that car.

Several years ago, a company here in Japan manufactured an exact replica of the music box that Max carries in The Road Warrior (and gives to the Feral Kid as a gift). It even played the same tune as heard in the film when you turned the crank. I had a chance to win one in an auction. Not realizing at the time how few and far between these were, I didn't bid aggressively enough. Been kicking myself (gently) ever since. :(

I have a Dinki Di can. Sorry, no pix right now.

You can get the "Happy Birthday" music box guts at this place for $6. Pretty cheap.
http://www.spoonsisters.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=100&Product_Code=24802

24802.jpg

Last edited:
I believe there was an airsoft-style version of Max's shotgun. There have been models of his car. There was a line of action figures... which weren't very good. And, yeah, the Dinky Di dog food can.

I've always loved this movie. Everybody's motivated by their thirst for oil. Did you know George Miller has another sequel written and waiting to be filmed? It's called FURY ROAD. He was going to shoot it a few years ago, but then the Iraq War began and destabilized the locations he'd chosen to film the movie. I don't know what's holding it back now...

The Road Warrior... BABE... Lorenzo's Oil... Happy Feet... George Miller's films are amazing. And yet I rarely see him interviewed. I think he's supposed to be doing The Justice League movie. He's absolutely the right guy to make something like that work.

Anyway... Cinemaquettes should do a two foot tall Mad Max figure... posed just the way he stands at the opening of The Road Warrior...

Alan

Dinky Di anyone...

I have 3 Cans..
2 Closed
1 Open...

Pics Later..

I loved "Dog" and since a Kid have always had Heelers..
I have an Autographed Pic From Mel below.. Mel & Dog..

BTW,.. Dog, wandered onto the set as a stray,.. the Director ended up keeping Dog as his pet after shooting.

Stay Hard,
Snoose

The Airsoft gun is a Hudson?
Yes, a Hudson.

They made both airsoft and model gun versions, and they made Mad Max and Road Warrior versions. (Some plastic parts that are gun metal color on the Road Warrior version are chromed on the Mad Max version.) Hudson also marketed a wooden stock upgrade, and there's a company that makes an aftermarket metal barrel upgrade.

I just made the costume this last Halloween and there are few really cool found items-

Gerber MKII knife in his boot

Shotgun- I got the cheap version here-http://www.kapowwe.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=mad-max-airsoft-shotgun&Category_Code=&Store_Code=R

The shoulder pad on the jacket is an old Rawlings football pad.

Lord Humungus' Hockey mask is an old Cooper street hockey mask.

Other cool bits-
http://www.madmaxcostumes.com/C2/max.htm

A good forum on the costume and props here-
http://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=979a9a3ce2fd1f34e134a2c00d94dbba

Nick

Which company is that, and where do you get one? I'd like to upgrade...

They are made by someone named Kang in Taiwan. I got mine through a Yahoo! Japan auction about two years ago. I used to see them for auction on Yahoo! Japan regularly, but it's been a while. I checked just now and didn't see one available. I did see a regular plastic barrel for auction; I'd guess the seller may be someone who swapped his plastic barrel out for the metal upgrade.

Unfortunately, I do not have an e-mail address for Kang, but to my surprise I was able to find the envelope in which my metal barrel was shipped two years ago (what can I say? I'm a pack rat :p ), and it has Kang's snail mail address. Shoot me a PM if you'd like it.

Here are a few pics of my Dinki Di can
A prop from Beyond Thunderdome, I would love to figure out is Max's geiger counter.
He pulls it out right at the begining when he enters Barter town to scan some water a guy tries to sell him.

IMG_1637.jpg

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

And here are a couple Max influenced costumes I put together for Dcon last year.
IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back